• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Just read issue #2 and found it to be very entertaining and intriguing. The dialogue is definitely more than I’m accustomed in comparison to other books I am reading now or have read in the past, but it does not weigh the story down or feel like useless :blahblah: On the contrary, the characters are introduced properly and the story flows well, and I for one cannot wait to read issue #3!

Regarding the art, rugged and unpolished, I feel that it suits the narrative well. It wouldn’t fit the feel of the story if it was too polished, but that’s just my 2c

After a long hiatus from comic books, my must reads every month are now Revival, ToT, Bedlam, WD & Batman! I still have some catching up to do with Chew, but I did buy the Omnivore Editions.

FYI: I am NOT a paid spokes-person for Image Comics. lol

OK, so...who else thinks that the doctor and the circus freak deformed nurses are just a figment of his psychosis and are not, in fact, real...? His conversations with the "doctor' definitely feel sort of like a schizophrenic talking to himself.

Anyone pick up #2 phantom at their LCS? If so, what were they asking?

2 for cover price ($3.50). There was one more that I left for someone else. It's a participating store, and I think my LCS leaves them at cover price for a week then bumps them.

Though that may depend on the publisher/comic, as a Deadpool #1 variant set me back $9.99 that I didn't know about until it rang up; think that was on the Saturday following its release.

2 for cover price ($3.50). There was one more that I left for someone else. It's a participating store, and I think my LCS leaves them at cover price for a week then bumps them.

Though that may depend on the publisher/comic, as a Deadpool #1 variant set me back $9.99 that I didn't know about until it rang up; think that was on the Saturday following its release.

Thanks! I picked up two for cover at Graham Cracker for cover as well. I was expecting them to be @$10. Out of 20 or so copies, I only saw two 9.8's though. Still seeing a lot of bindery issues but not as bad as #1.

OK, so...who else thinks that the doctor and the circus freak deformed nurses are just a figment of his psychosis and are not, in fact, real...? His conversations with the "doctor' definitely feel sort of like a schizophrenic talking to himself.

I could see that too but...

that would mean he never had the brain surgery and he only subconsciously got "better"?

Thanks! I picked up two for cover at Graham Cracker for cover as well. I was expecting them to be @$10. Out of 20 or so copies, I only saw two 9.8's though. Still seeing a lot of bindery issues but not as bad as #1.

Had a feeling you were a Graham customer based on your Loc. Do you know what their policy is on the Phantoms? I swear I bought the Deadpool within the first 7 days, but it was still marked up; perhaps because my manager had to ask another store for one?

They still have a ton of FF #1 Phantom; no Capt or Hulk that I saw. Another Graham had a stack of Great Pacific, while mine had none.

I saw a bindery issue on the one that my comic dude pulled for me and put in a bag; the one off the shelf looked to be pretty clean.

Had a feeling you were a Graham customer based on your Loc. Do you know what their policy is on the Phantoms? I swear I bought the Deadpool within the first 7 days, but it was still marked up; perhaps because my manager had to ask another store for one?

They still have a ton of FF #1 Phantom; no Capt or Hulk that I saw. Another Graham had a stack of Great Pacific, while mine had none.

I saw a bindery issue on the one that my comic dude pulled for me and put in a bag; the one off the shelf looked to be pretty clean.

I go to the Naperville one(main hub?), which is about 20 mins from me because the one 1/2 mile from my house is super small. The first issue of Bedlam Phantom was $10. I did see they had all the others still available on Wednesday but didn't look at condition but they were all at cover price still except the deadpool and Bedlam 1($9).

Edited by Jrdawg

My LCS had all Phantom variants (even Deadpool #1 up to mid-last week) for $5, only the Bedlam #1 did I see it marked up for $10 a few weeks ago until the last copy finally sold. Haven't popped in this week to check out Bedlam #2 yet though.

I could see that too but...

that would mean he never had the brain surgery and he only subconsciously got "better"?

Not necessarily...

Those events may still have happened in one form or another, it's just that his memory of them is badly distorted (or just plain crazy).

Don't call him Curtis either!

Welcome to the we-know-who-we-mean-but-got-it-wrong-club. lol

Prepare for butthurt. :insane:

lol

Previous comments by me on an unrelated topic were only meant to emphasise a point on common decency and the need to calm down. I actually like quite alot of what you say when you're being nice Andy not Madder Red :foryou:

Very fair point - and thankyou.

As you may know, I'm not a fan of writing on beautiful books but this one just popped up on ebay. I love it.

$(KGrHqN,!i8FCzKW6T+wBQuWw74p)!~~60_57.JPG

That's actually pretty cool... I like this cover a lot, except for that large damned Third Eye mascot on it...

I like what RR did with it though and the ink color used to remark it was a good choice.