• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I bought a bunch of copies too, I like the series, but the one reason I think it won't be worth a lot in the end is: 1st issue, he kills a little girl....

If the mainstream ever hears about that....

You can't do a tv series, not after the recent schools shootings....if you can't do a TV series, you can kiss walking dead values good bye...

Another problem with books that are good is that good writers are writing them. Good writers get bored, they want to move on...Once the series is finished so is the comic book value, anyone got any planetary #1s?

Last time I checked, BKV is a good writer. Does he get bored...?!?

Writers tend to stay longer when it is creator-owned. See: Cerebus. Strangers in Paradise. Bone. Preacher. Sandman. 100 Bullets. Fables. Walking Dead. Savage Dragon. Scalped. Invincible. Y the Last Man. Should I keep going..?

And...a series doesn't need a TV show to be valuable. Look at what Saga is doing right now.

Edited by jjeanius

Once the series is finished so is the comic book value

smiley_nah.gif

Y the Last Man is worth less than dirt...

Welcome Robert. hm

I think your theory is flawed. I'm reading Sandman (circa 1991) right now for the first time. Heard about it here and bought some trades. Also, reading YTLM (just bought all five hardcovers). Both are great and have been over for years. I think if people would give Bedlam a real shot it has a lot of potential. I dig edgy content (reminds me if the Joker and the killer from Seven). We've debated the content (death of little girl) exhaustively and my over-arching point is that some of the most popular titles have questionable content (think about it)... My two cent. Welcome to the debate (aka conversation).

Ryan

I thought Bedlam 1 was excellent, although Bedlam 2 was not as good imo, but it's definitely a keeper for me

My thoughts exactly.

#1 sucked me in, #2 was a let down.

However, I'm sure it's just a part of the bigger puzzle. I will give it through 5-6 before I make the call to drop it or not.

#3 is out next week, and I'm kinda excited about that fact.

Finally CGC have finished 1 of my submissions!

15 x NYCC variants - all 9.8

20 x Image cover - all 9.8

Another bigger order to come.

They look great!

Will post a pic when it cools down (its 39c again so I can't be arsed opening boxes!)

Lets hope there is Saga-type love in the future!