• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

i think all of the bad feelings people have of it, is because of the one shill auction.

The first 9.8 sketch sold for $500 which was completely baseless, and run up by a no feedbacker. Then everyone bought in huge to chase the money

(i jumped the shark on bedlam too)

so people "feel" its gone down cause they over paid big time for NYCC stuff. Once the quick profits werent realized, everyone went to turtle mode, and that i think is why the bad vibe on the book.

If it hadnt been overbought, i dont think people would be viewing it that way.

Topnotchcomics did not shill. He wouldn't do that. Ever.

He makes more money in comics as a secondary job then most people on the boards make in their day job. He knows his reputation is everything.

i went and checked, it was there, and it wasnt bid. it was BIN :| :| clearly i am delusional, there was some auction people were arguing about at the time, and whether it was legit.

Clearly I crossed the beams in my head.....

My point remains though, whether it was a shill bid, or someone REALLY wanting to over pay. That single, first sale, way over paid, put peoples expectations so high that many overpaid for a book before it even launched (3 days before)

is that for sure where the sale happened?

Yes, Tom confirmed it himself.

First-to-market books always do very well, this was nothing out of the ordinary.

yah, i was wrong, but that level of overpaying never happens BEFORE a book comes out. Because NYCC was out, and back from CGC, and sold, prior to the book even launching issue 1 on halloween.

I was ready to drop quite a bit of money on the variant before release since I had just started buying comics right after Manhattan Projects and Saga #1's sold out. Suppose Im glad that I was reluctant to go in on the expensive auctions then. First issue is still available anyway.

I really do enjoy this series but its a shame that it may be on a late schedule.

Any why not just get this one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221175085053

I just cruised past this post and happened to look at the link when there was 3 mins left.

Won the auction, don't remember pressing the buttons on my keyboard - it's like something made me do it... Damn impulsiveness!

Damn good deal for your ghost fingers!