• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Nice Andy. You'll be fine with those, no worries. Bedlam is one of THE BEST new books of 2012. Things can happen overnight. Look at the insanity that is happening to SAGA, Manhattan Projects,and Peter Panzerfaust. Bedlam (IMHO), is better than at least one (PP), maybe two (MP), of those titles.

:takeit:

I haven't read PP but I have read Saga, MP, Bedlam and Revival

IMO, right now Saga is worthy of the top honour of best new image title of 2012. I would then go Revival, Bedlam, MP. However, that's only my opinion and with these being as good as they are I can see everyone listing these in different orders due to personal taste :applause:

Nice Andy. You'll be fine with those, no worries. Bedlam is one of THE BEST new books of 2012. Things can happen overnight. Look at the insanity that is happening to SAGA, Manhattan Projects,and Peter Panzerfaust. Bedlam (IMHO), is better than at least one (PP), maybe two (MP), of those titles.

:takeit:

I just worry about so many different covers. I think I would rather have 8 reprints then 7 normal covers.

For my own memory I wanted to list all the covers

Regular

NYCC

NYCC Sketch

Detroit Fanfare

Forbidden Planet

Third eye

Phantom

2nd print

Damn that is a lot, still doesn't stop me enjoying it though and seeing as I'm not speculating and simply collecting it doesn't annoy me, although my OCD does lol I can't afford all of these and wish I didn't care :eek:

Hey Pike-

I was referring to story content, not covers or value. The overkill of #1 covers for Bedlam was extremely ambitious and presumptive (and as a collector a bit of a turn off - "so you've got a unknown pressumably hot new title and you want me to buy HOW MANY variants right out of the gate??"

We've beat that horse to death again and again. I like that titles like Think Tank and Saga only have one variant that makes it exclusive for die hard fans (and people really chase after them - which is fun).

Hey Pike-

I was referring to story content, not covers or value. The overkill of #1 covers for Bedlam was extremely ambitious and presumptive (and as a collector a bit of a turn off - "so you've got a unknown pressumably hot new title and you want me to buy HOW MANY variants right out of the gate??"

We've beat that horse to death again and again. I like that titles like Think Tank and Saga only have one variant that makes it exclusive for die hard fans (and people really chase after them - which is fun).

What is sad is I think content wise this blows Saga away!

Hey Pike-

What is sad is I think content wise this blows Saga away!

Tough one. SAGA = dream. BEDLAM = nightmare. Both = AWESOMENESS!

Andy, not sure if its private, but i doubt you submitted also those yourself (unless you do a huge pre-screen), so do you mind if I ask who facilitated that many for you?

In my head I picture a PM like: "DRE, subscribe me to Bedlam please, SEVENTY-FIVE TIMES :devil: "

Edited by CBT

Regular

NYCC

NYCC Sketch

Detroit Fanfare

Forbidden Planet

Third eye

Phantom

2nd print

Damn that is a lot, still doesn't stop me enjoying it though and seeing as I'm not speculating and simply collecting it doesn't annoy me, although my OCD does lol I can't afford all of these and wish I didn't care :eek:

Don't forget Larry's Special edition #1 and if your truly OCD you will need a Forbidden Planet signed and unsigned.

Regular

NYCC

NYCC Sketch

Detroit Fanfare

Forbidden Planet

Third eye

Phantom

2nd print

Don't forget Larry's Special edition #1 and if your truly OCD you will need a Forbidden Planet signed and unsigned.

I had forgotten about the Special Edition :ohnoez:

I don't think I would want 2 forbidden planets although I will most likely want an blue label one at some point and settle for a raw signed.

forbidden planet for sure, i found the image on the artists blog in September and started trying to find out which variant it would be. (I was also the first Bedlam subscriber with DRE). It's truly a shame what they did with the signings, so the Blues of that are imo the best looking and rarest variant.

Whens #4 officially out guys?

Can't wait - back to the story - 2 best images...

1) The Cats

2) PUT MY HEAD BACK ON.....that genuinely shook me, you could almost hear the rage in Madder Reds voice.

God knows where these guys visit to come up with some of the darkness in this book.

Brilliant.