• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I run into this all the time. In general i sell what I like to read and get lumped into the "financially invested" crowd. Oh well. The flip side of not being able to criticize a title because I don't have 100 copies can be annoying.

I'm with Branget. It would be one thing if you were some chump that didn't read or like comics and was solely in it for the $$$$ and not collecting. As a person of relatively modest means, I don't see the issue with buying books that are cool, enjoying them and selling them to other collectors who are excited to get a book they want. And I think most of the bulk contributors up here sell books as well. As someone who digs Bedlam, I think buying books also offers support to the creators as an endorsement of their work. My rant and 2c

:grin:

So Before Bedlam dropped I hit Riley and asked him to a unique commission ... took him a few months and a month of waiting in the mail but here it is....

bedlam_zps5008c7ff.jpg

Edited by Stguchi

God, I love that !!

The first time I saw his art I was blown away and continue to be. This series would be even better if Riley was doing the cover art as well, I'm not a huge fan of Frazer Irving and I think initial sales suffered because of the mediocre base covers, IMHO

So Before Bedlam dropped I hit Riley and asked him to a unique commission ... took him a few months and a month of waiting in the mail but here it is....

bedlam_zps5008c7ff.jpg

Seriously Madder Red is shooting up my favorite character list by the day!

And a thousand (worship) to you sir for sharing that piece.

That's the cover of the digital preview (i.e. the first 20ish pages of #1 as they were originally posted on comixology before the issue dropped).

Edit: you guys are too fast lol

Edited by Solar

God, I love that !!

The first time I saw his art I was blown away and continue to be. This series would be even better if Riley was doing the cover art as well, I'm not a huge fan of Frazer Irving and I think initial sales suffered because of the mediocre base covers, IMHO

Agree, also dont really like Frazers covers. Cover #1 and #3 very boring (especially #3), #2 is alright...

If Rikey would do regular cover, I think people that dont know Bedlam, would pay more attention in store...

This is now becoming a very good chance to be one of the best graphic novels of 2013.

Get 'The First' right and goodness - this will be bloody awesome.

And the best thing?

This could never,ever be a TV series - it's just too 'wrong' - but as a GN, it's just so right!

Love this book.

I love Bedlam as much as the next guy (purely as a reader), but this is one reason this thread is absolute comedy gold. Only on the Modern forums can a title go from more or less dead in terms of activity to "best graphic novel of 2013" inside 1 issue (for a total of 3). I understand a lot of people are involved financially to some level, but it's getting a little ludicrous at this point.

I enjoyed #3 too, but I am not sure hyperbole would adequately cover this...

The problem is, there are those that love the book for what it is and those that love it for it speculation potential. It simply leads to a conflict in hyperbole.

I see what your saying, it's hard to take someone's opinion on a book seriously, when they have 100 CGC graded issues sitting in their house.

It is what it is though. Take him for his word or ignore his opinion (shrug)

Personally, I have 1 copy of each issue, and think it is a great read.

Wether I have 1,10,100 or even a thousand slabbed issues,I am still entitled to an opinion hopefully.

I freely admit that after the first issue I thought "oh heck" but as it improved heaps in the next 2 instalments.

I'm not sure why mass ownership negates any praise.

I flipped a few "Chew" and cannot stand that book - but a profit is a profit.

My opinion is no more valid that anyone elses. If people attach more or less weight to it because of the number of slabs I may have,then that is their call not mine.

I don't try to 'hide' a sleeper and am happy to share info (recall the Sixth Gun #1 at cover as an example) - and do so freely as the dozens of modern boardies who have PM'd me for advice or suggestions will testify too.

I take Gaz's point that its very easy to conclude that $ = bias but in this case,not true.

I love this book now,dubious before,but not now.

Hope that clears this up and any further postings on Bedlam will not be dissected like this one! :foryou: