• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Read the books and collect what you enjoy. You'll know when you see it, and you'll be able to tell when a book is jumping the shark. You'll also get an idea of the creative teams to look out for and which ones to avoid.

Edited by awakeintheashes

i will say though, if you believe in Bedlam, now is certainly the time to be buying. not for much longer though

I'm in discussions with a guy (not a member here that I know of), and he wants $89.99 for the Bedlam #1 sketch. I didn't know if that was a good deal or not ???

i will say though, if you believe in Bedlam, now is certainly the time to be buying. not for much longer though

I'm in discussions with a guy (not a member here that I know of), and he wants $89.99 for the Bedlam #1 sketch. I didn't know if that was a good deal or not ???

It's up to you, but if it is NM+ or better that is a good/great price. Condition is everything and a little bit of spine stress, a few corner bumps can make a big difference in grade.

You can trust the likes of Ryan,Krighton,Rosen,Bagel etc as they are just normal collectors.

You will be safe if you follow their leads.

$$$$$ is subjective to the buyer /seller. $89 is not a ton of $ to drop on a book (in my eyes), but you may not feel comfortable dropping that on 1 book. Do what you feel comfortable doing, but I will say that we all have noob moments and yes I have them quite often lol

But it's a fun learning experience. Just don't go broke in the process.

Example of a noob moment: I paid $224 for a Silver Surfer #1 I thought was a 6.0, but really was a 5.0. It happens, I'm over it. Next please! ;)

Man, I know that must have sucked. I did pretty well with my first buy and sell, but I know it doesn't always go that way.

regular cover first print.. I remember them going for way more now you can pick them up for 5.99...

2-3 months ago I could buy Saga #1 for $10.99 - $14.99...... Just sayin'

yah price jumps are very unpredictable.. Great story though and great artwork to say the least..

Edited by Muaythai607

I don't think its possible to lose much on Bedlam - 1st print is still selling for cover,and the variants are dropping in price weekly.

The slabbed ones are slowly going up,but the release dates need to be kept to!

Yup,same as PP.

I was called all sorts of names when I was grabbing just about any PP run,as long as it included a 9.8 potential number #1.

Highest was $110 for #1 - #6.

People thought I was bonkers.

Kinda like RIPD now - are there any left for sale anywhere under $80?

Nothing surprises me anymore. A buddy of mine years ago paid, what my brother and I thought was crazy :screwy: money for NM 98...Almost 900 bucks ! :o

We gave him a ration of :censored: for buying it. Deadpool is lame, he's a "C" list character :blahblah:

Fast forward two years ago and his copy sold for 12K on Pedigree....

So lately all the new image books, manhattan project, nowhere men, saga have jumped in price. I think it has to do with the new 'we don't do reprints' ( maybe ) policy. But I am feeling a little dishartened about Bedlam's....It might be a case of over exposure, I mean who gets phantom variants for #2....I just wonder why it's monthly and something like nowhere men is bi weekly? It takes riley longer to do the work?