• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I imagine the satisfaction of getting 9.8s back that you've subbed yourself is pretty good compared to paying a premium on eBay.

The wait would be torture though.

Planning to do my first ever submission next week. Let you all know how it goes in May/June.

"You got CHOCOLATE in my PEANUT BUTTER!"

"You got PEANUT BUTTER in my CHOCOLATE!!"

This is, without a doubt, the highlight of my trip to ECCC:

RR_SagaComm_zps3e611210.jpg

Bedlam + Saga RRP = two great tastes that taste great together. :whee:

Fantastic piece Court!!!

And great pick up spacy!

Saw some mighty strong pages of Riley art get picked up at ECCC :cloud9:

I noticed that as well. Lots of great new art available all at once. I seem to recall a really choice example or two in your possession (perhaps that's where you saw them "picked up"). ;)

(thumbs u

Edited by jjeanius

Do. Not. Like.

Man, the 2nd print cover (?) to issue 5 is SO MUCH BETTER.

IMO, more people would be picking it up for a look if they went with the Rossmo covers. The Irving covers just do not work...for the content of the book, or as marketing on the shelf.

This is also the weakest attempt at incorporating the Madder Red mask into the art. Way to force the smile with a big pink chain that otherwise has no relevance to the cover image whatsoever.

Edited by jjeanius

Hopefully issues 4-6 all go to 2nd prints just so we can see the Rossmo covers. The one solicited for #5 is amazing (Doc with his hands on Madder's brain). Haven't seen a Rossmo cover for issue 4 yet (other than the variant), so...hope we get a nice surprise there.

I'm indifferent to it, but I think you are onto something, Court.

There are a bunch of 2-4's on the shelves at the two shops I frequent the most. Based on what sells at both those shops, I figured this title would do well. Doesn't look to be the case yet.

Maybe better cover art might spark some curiosity. (shrug)

I'm putting together a 2nd print run of this series as well. I think a 1-6 run of slabbed 9.8 Riley covers would be sick.

How awesome would it be to have the first and second print run all 9.8. I'm think I'm there.

Haven't got in my #3 2nd prints yet hm

"You got CHOCOLATE in my PEANUT BUTTER!"

"You got PEANUT BUTTER in my CHOCOLATE!!"

This is, without a doubt, the highlight of my trip to ECCC:

RR_SagaComm_zps3e611210.jpg

Bedlam + Saga RRP = two great tastes that taste great together. :whee:

Great commission, did he do that at the show? I'm going to miss him on this book :(

I also think that the drab gray/pink color scheme on each cover hurts. Nothing that makes the cover "pop", and since they all blend together, it can be hard to tell them apart unless you are paying attention. Very easy to forget which drab cover is issue 2, and which drab cover is issue 3, etc.

plasticmoz - Thanks! Yes, he did this at the con.

i'll be in the minority, and say I like this cover better than most of the other ones. Other ones are good, but they were all WAY to similar. It's nice to see some variety.

yea the rossmo covers are far far better

But i cant be bothered getting the same issue in 2nd print too, they should swap around and have rossmo do the 1st print