• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

10 issues in 1 year is not too bad at all.

I think this thread (and Revival's thread) have died off more because there is no speculator interest in them any more, rather than the story dropping off.

Just my 2c

^^

Sad too, this book and Revival are so good! I understand Saga getting all of the attention because, well, it's awesome! But I enjoy these two more than all others ( :gossip: well, not Rachel Rising).

:headbang: BEDLAM!! :headbang:

I think this thread (and Revival's thread) have died off more because there is no speculator interest in them any more, rather than the story dropping off.

Just my 2c

Yep. 2 AWESOME books. Their loss IMO

Just my 2c

100% correct. If there was a Movie/TV show announcement for bedlam everything would change overnight. This seems to drive prices and interest more than anything these days.

I LOVE this book. However, I find that I just can't keep up with titles on a monthly basis anymore...especially those titles, such as Bedlam, that function much better as complete stories (i.e., TPBs). So...I'm seriously considering a transition solely to TPBs, as it's also much less to keep track of...and most of the books I read just accumulate in the corner until the full arc is completed anyway.

In other words: I haven't read issues 7, 8, 9, 10 yet...but that doesn't mean that my enjoyment of the book has diminished any.

I LOVE this book. However, I find that I just can't keep up with titles on a monthly basis anymore...especially those titles, such as Bedlam, that function much better as complete stories (i.e., TPBs). So...I'm seriously considering a transition solely to TPBs, as it's also much less to keep track of...and most of the books I read just accumulate in the corner until the full arc is completed anyway.

In other words: I haven't read issues 7, 8, 9, 10 yet...but that doesn't mean that my enjoyment of the book has diminished any.

Im actually the exact same, I almost always accumulate until an arc finishes and then I read it in one sitting.

The problem with transitioning to just TPBs and avoiding monthlies, is that if everyone did this, books would be cancelled. No monthly sales and suddenly books won't reach issues into the double digits.

I don't know how you guys can resist the temptation with the books sitting right there! :grin:

I feel like I'd experience a little :ohnoez: and have to read them. And there's such a sense of excitement and anticipation built in with reading monthly. I'm so envious of the people that got to enjoy YTLM and the Bendis' DD Run as they were released monthly. :cloud9:

I am actually holding off for this arc to wrap up as well. This is the only book I am currently delaying on reading. If I understand correctly though, this arc is only 5 issues and wraps up with #11. Per the image website TPB 2 holds issues #7-#11.

I saw the colorist working on #8 at a cafe....we had a chat about how cool this series was...he did not mention that it was ending...but comiserated with me about the 20 issues of #1 I have in my closet...

Seemed like a very nice and down to earth guy....

Course I walked around the block and saw someone working on adventure time, not to mention that Christmas, Brandon Graham and Brisson all live around there too...

Seems like Vancouver is indie central...

The book is not going anywhere.

The book is not dying.

Sales are fine.

Ryan just handed in the last pages of 10 (we should be going to print next week), and work has begun on 11.

V2 trade in January.

We're having a comixology sale this weekend, 01 is free, 02-08 are just 99 cents each.

Big stuff planned for next year.

I've said my peace on the schedule. 10 is on its way to you, the book isn't even a year old yet. This has been massively overstated in this thread. I'm sorry for the wait, hopefully you think the story is worth sticking around for.

:bump:

October 26th

No worries. (thumbs u