• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

What, I didn't mean any disrespect towards Matt Kindt or Mind MGMT. I've hard great things and the first issue was very interesting. I'll end up picking up a HC at some point.

I just mean Bedlam is obviously apples and oranges to Mind MGMT. Matt Kindt seems to have a very distinct style. Seems like Browne is trying to incorporate a little bit of Rossmo and a little bit of Kindt.

I don't know. I'm not a fan. And I'm sorry for that and I hope everyone else likes it and it's just me. Because the characters, story, potential are too good.

:gossip: Just the art is meh

Oh, not at all. I really love his work. Which I know sounds :insane: as I was basically just bashing Browne's work while saying it is somewhat LIKE Kindt's work. Maybe I'm just rantrant

I guess the bottom line is - I don't like the new art in Bedlam. I feel like he rushed through it and scribbled. I don't know. I don't want to attack the artist because I couldn't draw a page to save my life. I just miss Rossmo on the book I guess and hope either (1) the art improves (2) Rossmo comes back (3) I learn to deal with the art as is and still enjoy the story.

2c

I'd take another two months delay to have Rossmo back. lol

My 2c

Mind MGMT is killer

Bedlam.... The first arc was amazing. I've been left wanting ever since. And I like Riley's work better also (even though I agree about his limitations with the faces). Ryan Browne is talented, but his interpretation of Bedlam doesn't do it for me.

I hope Bedlam redeems itself because Madder Red is such a prefect villain archetype. The brief flashbacks of Madder in his crazy heyday aren't really delivering the goods and the story dancing around "The Brainwasher" hasn't really had a big payoff for me yet (other the what's happening with the First).

Maybe by the time we get to issue 20, 30, 40 Bedlam will come together as a masterpiece of insanity. Many series don't hit their stride until a few arcs are done.

I'll keep waiting.....

Edited by ItsJustRyan

Bedlam next week!

:whee:

Here is to hoping #12 comes out on time afterwards :wishluck:

Don't hold your breath, #12 hasn't even been solicited yet, has it? Not seeing it listed anywhere.

Edited by Jeff Bohn

Bedlam next week!

:whee:

Here is to hoping #12 comes out on time afterwards :wishluck:

Don't hold your breath, #12 hasn't even been solicited yet, has it? Not seeing it listed anywhere.

Ugh. I didn't bother to look.

Only thing that can save this book now is a TV announcement lmao

Nick Spencer came on here not too long ago though and said the book is doing great and he has a lot of plans for the future. I would take that to mean that the book doesn't need saving. ;)

Forget TV Announcements and everyone's need to rush and pick up 10 copies because of speculation. :ohnoez: The book is great. Who cares if you can get #1 slabbed relatively cheap and initial speculators soured on the book due to that. It's a great story (albeit with meh art) with a lot of potential and room to grow. Sit back and enjoy the ride! :headbang:

Nick Spencer came on here not too long ago though and said the book is doing great and he has a lot of plans for the future. I would take that to mean that the book doesn't need saving. ;)

Forget TV Announcements and everyone's need to rush and pick up 10 copies because of speculation. :ohnoez: The book is great. Who cares if you can get #1 slabbed relatively cheap and initial speculators soured on the book due to that. It's a great story (albeit with meh art) with a lot of potential and room to grow. Sit back and enjoy the ride! :headbang:

I am well aware of all of this and my tone was joking hence the lmao.

I'm still on board... I feel like I keep saying this too often. I'll start souring if and when when the delays start to mirror NWM or Secret status... lol

I love me some NWM and Secret but I cant help but stomp my feet like a 5 year old over the delays and jump like a kid in the candy store when they hit the shelves lol