• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 2 Spoilers !

41 posts in this topic

I loved Spider-Man 2

Why do I get the feeling that Dunst and Maguire won't be able to maintain their relationship in the 3rd Spider-Man film?

Why do I feel that the next movie will have Harry Osborn appear as a main villain?

Why do I feel like Spider-Man 2 was one of the best superhero movies of all time !?!?!?!

Becase it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spider-man relates to most of us:

1. He's human. He's got problems with the rest of us.

2. Tragedy makes for a good story. Go ask Shakespeare.

3. He kicks [!@#%^&^]!

I only hope they can keep this element to the film's sequels. Seriously doubt Toby will hang around for all of 'em.

I'm treating this like a fine wine... I want to digest it a little bit.

I'm going to see this flick again tomorrow twice with other freinds that I wanted to see it with

and I'm glad I have set it up that way.

It is very easy to say that this was the best comic book movie I've ever seen because not only

am I a Spidey freak, but damn this is such a great movie!

One of the things that really blew me away with this movie was the timing of events...

and in that... SM#1 set-up all of these characters to feel like there is going to be this long

ongoing relationship that would be similar to how the comics followed then WHAM! in SM#2

it is shifted into 5th gear! There are so many things to wonder with the next movie that have been set-up with this movie! Like...

How are Pete and MJ going to make it work (it works in the comics barely)

How early is Harry going to be GG2, you would think the next movie, but this is such an early card to play on such a key charater (Harry) throughout the series.

How are those people on the subway going to shutup and not blab about who he is

and does it really matter seeming that just about everyone knows (heck even May seemed to be talking too much about how Spider-Man was a hero to a neighbor not to think that she knows something)

Out of all of the surprises the one about his identity being unveiled to so many

makes me the most nervous because I want the whole series to be as slamming as these

first two. In my belief, one of the key ingredients that makes Spidey so cool is that nobody knows who he is. And him taking such great strides in not unveiling his identity because of the consequenses is entertainment in itself. Sneaking is fun to do and watch and I just don't want that element taken away! I just wonder how this is going to be portrayed in the next movie

and so on.

Oh well, I must live for the moment!

GREAT MOVIE!!

I can't wait til tomorrow to rewatch it!

cloud9.gif

Out of all of the surprises the one about his identity being unveiled to so many

makes me the most nervous because I want the whole series to be as slamming as these

first two. In my belief, one of the key ingredients that makes Spidey so cool is that noboy knows

who he is. And him taking such great strides in not unveiling his identity because of the consequenses is entertainment in itself. Sneaking is fun to do and watch and I just don't want that element taken away! I just wonder how this is going to be portrayed in the next movie

and so on.

Yea....I explained my feelings on this to friends who aren't comic fans after the movie and they were like "huh???"

Perhaps I shouldn't of phrased my comment as..."WHO DOES SPIDERMAN THINK HE IS? daredevil? Revealing his identity to everyone?"

first two. In my belief, one of the key ingredients that makes Spidey so cool is that noboy knows

who he is. And him taking such great strides in not unveiling his identity because of the consequenses is entertainment in itself. Sneaking is fun to do and watch and I just don't want that element taken away! I just wonder how this is going to be portrayed in the next movie

and so on.

Yea....I explained my feelings on this to friends who aren't comic fans after the movie and they were like "huh???"

Perhaps I shouldn't of phrased my comment as..."WHO DOES SPIDERMAN THINK HE IS? daredevil? Revealing his identity to everyone?"

Talking about that moment, you must admit...

That was fresh how the crowd hailed him as they passed

him over head like a rockstar that does a stage dive into the fan crowd.

I mean don't get me wrong, I loved every part of this movie as a whole,

I'm just wondering how they are going to address

this down the road or are they just going to sweep this under the rug?

Who knows confused-smiley-013.gif

Spider-man 2 was a great movie... plenty of story, plenty of action.

Two thumbs up... very well done. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Ok... moving into serious discussion mode...

Why do I feel that the next movie will have Harry Osborn appear as a main villain?

This is the only part that is bothering me...

I know the movies need to follow the comics for the most part,

but I'm just not buying this one.

SPOILER ALERT --- IF IT'S NEEDED ----

Harry finds out that Spider-man is Peter Parker... the "hero".

Harry finds out that his father (who he didn't even like all that much)

was the Green Goblin... the "villain".

Harry was there when the Green Goblin "disintegrated" the Oscorp board of directors.

There's absolutely no doubt that the Green Goblin deserved to be stopped/killed...

therefore, Harry's dad DESERVED to be stopped/killed.

Harry's dad was not a victim of some Spidey-crime. He was the villain.

So... now that Harry knows the truth... he should become a villain, too? Weak.

Harry was there when the Green Goblin "disintegrated" the Oscorp board of directors.

There's absolutely no doubt that the Green Goblin deserved to be stopped/killed...

Yea I'm hip on that.

Atleast in the comics it was drugs that helped push him Psycho into GG2.

Now the only thing to really build on is that either dear daddy mistreated him sooo much by

not spending quality time with him that this happened or just a mad on for revenge for his

fathers death. Both don't hold much water.

I just hope there is another element.

Even if they used the drug angle that would be a little weird becuase it worked back in the 60's

in a comic - because who knew way back then maybe drugs could do that to a person.

But now, everybody knows that drugs either kill you or make you addicted, but rarely

make you a homicidal maniac!

We'll see!

tongue.gif

Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head.

I guess Harry could "try" the "goblin formula" he found in the secret hallway.

That could be the 'drug' that makes him nuts, just like dear old dad...

but it seems like Harry would just wise up once he put all the pieces together.

I think that's the way they will go. But, I do agree w/ you guys that #3 may be too early to bring back the Goblin. I was thinking they (Hollywood) might use a different villain in #3, and continue the Harry set-up for #4 (although all signs point to Harry as the main baddie in #3).

Do you think they will make him GG2 or will they switch it up a bit and make him the Hobgoblin?

For anyone interested, Spider-Man 2 will be coming out on IMAX in mid-July. They weren't able to rush a copy to IMAX screens at the same time as the official release. Personally haven't seen the movie yet, but if it's as good as everyone says, I'll definitely go see it again, but in IMAX.

I think that's the way they will go. But, I do agree w/ you guys that #3 may be too early to bring back the Goblin. I was thinking they (Hollywood) might use a different villain in #3, and continue the Harry set-up for #4 (although all signs point to Harry as the main baddie in #3).

Do you think they will make him GG2 or will they switch it up a bit and make him the Hobgoblin?

Hey you never know, that could be the surprise in SM3 that Harry isn't the main villian and hides in the shadows as Spidey battles the Lizard (Proffessor Doc. Connors) waiting for the perfect moment. In the comic Harry stewed about this for over eight issues before becoming GG2.

I would like to see gobby though. Maybe that is the way Harry can be different,

be more menacing. The major diffence between GG and HG was not only their looks slightly, but Hobby was sooo much more powerful and had 10 times as many tricks.

Maybe since the Harry is a little of a sissy next to his father the finger rays and purse

(aka bag of tricks) would suit him better. grin.gif

Sorry I just love that retro Goblin with the rubber face mask and the cheesy bag of tricks,

but it's probably the best that they left that corny stuff out of the movie version. tongue.gif

Oh, I almost forgot...

My new favorite "movie-quote-taken-out-of-context"...

"How can you get off when you never even get on?" - Mary Jane Watson

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gifblush.gif

Ditto, I did a triple take when they pulled that line out!

This flick was chocked with funny stuff,

I loved the infamous elevator scene. 27_laughing.gif

One of the ways that this movie really shows off it's greatness

is how it leaves us with so many questions unanswered that we are

on the edge of our seats to have answered...

In all honesty, I haven't wanted a to see the third chapter of a series this bad since

Empire Strikes Back and that is saying a hell of alot since that is my favorite of all time.

The Spider-Man series more and more has painted it self to be like a Soap Opera for men.

It is this key ingredient that I feel made such a strong ASM comic line in the first place,

if you look at the first 100 issues of ASM it is like a mirrored image of these movies

because it focuses so much on character development.

If Rami pumps out more and more of these films in this fashion

this dynasty will last for a long time.

I was just a few months ago I read in USA Today that Sony was signed-on to create

six more Spider-Man movies. I was stratching my head at first, but if they keep

popin' out cherry classics like this one this series could possibily make a stretch like that.

Who Knows. grin.gif

Hah, I'll be giddy talking about this flick for months to come.

thumbsup2.gif

The thing with Harry that makes it credible in my mind is that Harry has a lot going on "in the background," so to speak, that could make him hate Spider-Man and adopt the mantle that his father wore, even though it's a mantle of evil. Harry is clearly an alcohol abuser (which can unbalance someone severely on its own), has suffered for years from the fact that he idolized his father, yet his father never really treated him as anything but an afterthought, and is still resentful of the fact that Peter "stole" Mary Jane from him. Harry also doesn't know exactly why his father is dead. He just "knows" that Spider-Man killed him. I can totally see him feeling the need to avenge his father by killing Spider-Man.

One of the ways that this movie really shows off it's greatness

is how it leaves us with so many questions unanswered that we are

on the edge of our seats to have answered...

In all honesty, I haven't wanted a to see the third chapter of a series this bad since

Empire Strikes Back and that is saying a hell of alot since that is my favorite of all time.

The Spider-Man series more and more has painted it self to be like a Soap Opera for men.

It is this key ingredient that I feel made such a strong ASM comic line in the first place,

if you look at the first 100 issues of ASM it is like a mirrored image of these movies

because it focuses so much on character development.

If Rami pumps out more and more of these films in this fashion

this dynasty will last for a long time.

I was just a few months ago I read in USA Today that Sony was signed-on to create

six more Spider-Man movies. I was stratching my head at first, but if they keep

popin' out cherry classics like this one this series could possibily make a stretch like that.

Who Knows. grin.gif

Hah, I'll be giddy talking about this flick for months to come.

thumbsup2.gif

I found a copy of the Sony/Marvel license agreement for Spider-Man attached to Marvel's complaint in the Sony litigation. The agreement contemplates as many as NINE movies in the Spider-Man run. With Sony turning out such high quality fare, they can continue making nine hundred of them!