• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With great power: Stan lee

13 posts in this topic

Watched it last night...it was pretty good. It was kinda sad seeing how old these guys are getting...or how many of them are no longer with us.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Screw the politics, the "who created what" arguments and all of the behind the scenes stuff we will never know the true answers to. When you see these older guys at conventions or other appearances, take the time to go shake their hand and thank them. Regardless of what has happened since their hey days, they kept this industry that we love alive with their blood, sweat, and tears. I agree credit should always be given where it is due, but put it aside and thank them. I have no problem paying inflated prices for whatever they might be selling because it generally stays in their pockets and we all know that the companies they worked for and that continue to profit from their labors generally blow these people off.

I read about Allen Bellman being told "thank you" at a show recently and he was ecstatic. It really does mean a lot to them to know that they are not forgotten.