• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another fishy auction..

9 posts in this topic

That's the same guy with the ASM 1, 2, and 3.

They were levitating over the same tiled floor!

It's the floor that must be magic and not the comics!

I wish he would sell the floor. I'd bid on that! thumbsup2.gif

Hey!

His ASM 1, 2, and 3 are up in 6 hours and there are bidders!

The Fools! boo.gif

I guessed it was the same guy without checking his other auctions (I recognized the flooring).

i guess his "friend" doesn't know anything about comics or auctions, either?!?! devil.gif

why do scammers so often go with 24hour/3-day/5-day/private auctions?? it sends up an immediate red flag. confused.gif

Why would anyone trust someone who is punctuation and capitalization impaired? Their education must have stopped at the 3rd grade, or they want you to think they're a rube. I emailed them for a scan of the back. We'll see what they say.

i guess his "friend" doesn't know anything about comics or auctions, either?!?! devil.gif

why do scammers so often go with 24hour/3-day/5-day/private auctions?? it sends up an immediate red flag. confused.gif

Yup. If you had a valuable book, why wouldn't you want to give it 7 days exposure if it's the same price as 3 days, etc.? I guess a short auction has a better chance of getting a victim and closing before they are exposed.

Also notice how the scammers almost always accept Paypal? The favorite tool of quick buck artists.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif