• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for WARLORD issues. What's the best way to buy?

17 posts in this topic

I'm looking to pick up the entire run of Warlord. For those who pick up back issues, what's the best way to get these books? I've considered buying lots on ebay, but that sometimes leads to less than NM books. I've started picking up NM single issues (got gorgeous copies of #2-6), but I could be looking for a long time if I go that route, or I'll be paying a lot more money.

What methods do you have for picking up older titles?

You could buy these from me!

Warlord 7 NM $6.00

Warlord 8 NM $6.00

Warlord 10 NM+ $9.00

Warlord 11 NM $4.00

Warlord 12 NM $4.00

Warlord 13 NM+ $6.00

Warlord 14 NM $4.00

Hahaha. That'd be one step closer to having them all. Thanks.

What would shipping be like to Colorado? Could you wait until my next payday? smile.gif

You could buy my First Issue Special 8 and my Warlord 1, both NM+ 9.6 with White pages!

Flying, you've got a private message.

So, it looks like buying small lots or individual issues is the way to go? smile.gif

Will look when I get home.

I'm looking to pick up the entire run of Warlord. For those who pick up back issues, what's the best way to get these books? I've considered buying lots on ebay, but that sometimes leads to less than NM books. I've started picking up NM single issues (got gorgeous copies of #2-6), but I could be looking for a long time if I go that route, or I'll be paying a lot more money.

What methods do you have for picking up older titles?

You could contact the forum member named Warlord and ask him what he's got in his Dupes pile that he'd be willing to sell... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Flying, you've got a private message.

So, it looks like buying small lots or individual issues is the way to go? smile.gif

27_laughing.gif

FORUM WISDOM™:

[*]When selling, break up large runs into smaller lots or single issues to maximize your return.

[*]When buying, buy large runs broken into smaller lots or single issues to save money.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a near complete Warlord original purchase run I bough off the stands myself and read each issue. I am only missing one issue. It was a really cool set. acclaim.gif

I have a near complete Warlord original purchase run I bough off the stands myself and read each issue. I am only missing one issue. It was a really cool set. acclaim.gif

I hate it when missing a single issue. I have a couple runs of titles like that where, somehow, I missed an issue over the years. I'm planning to put a little effort into tracking down some of those and posting in the "runs or sets completed recently" thread in Comics General. No luck yet, but I've been on the hunt. Actually had one missing comic in hand recently, but decided to hold off for a better condition copy! insane.gif893frustrated.gif

I put together a HG run of this series about a year and a half ago - you should be able to get issues 20 and up for next to nothing. For the first 20 issues, take your time and get nice copies, they are good buys right now and have great Grell covers. I read the entire run from issue #1 it got a bit repetative here and there, especially near the end - however it was a great run and I enjoyed the first 50 issues alot.

Good Luck

At one time I had the entire run also, but not every issue in high grade. I really like the Warlord. The good thing is you can get the entire set pretty cheap compared to a lot of other titles. Mike Grell is just awesome.

I may try to get the whole run again in the near future.

All I have is 1st issue Special #8 in 9.6 white and Warlord #1 in 9.6 oww and a few early issues.

I've got much feedback and help on getting the issues I want. I'm going through everyone's list one at a time and hope to have a complete run very soon.

I'm still missing #1 and first issue #8, but I'm hoping to score on Ebay. Too many posters on this site know exactly what they have, which makes buying cheap difficult for those two issues. smile.gif