• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

The answer I have been reading is that he transfers his mind into the body of his twin brother (who was born a vegetable). But then, this begs the next question - why is he still in a wheelchair? Does his twin brother also just happen to be paralyzed?

In the comics, when his body was fixed, his mind was still so used to being paralyzed that he had difficulty using his legs until he finally overcame that mental block.

-slym

Cap looked better by miles.

This just looked muddled - certainly won't be rushing to see it based on that.

Cap on the other hand is pencilled in for a family day out.

I think the dIfference is one movie is weighed down by decisions made in 4 other films including a disaster (last stand) whereas the other has a clear vision mapped out (or gives the appearance as such)

I really hope for the best.

What a hot mess.

Add it to the list of "never see, even if tortured"

I love it.

I'm not expecting X-men #141-142 word for word, a la Watchmen.

Watchmen proves that even the perfect comic movie can't please the fans.

What I am expecting is good acting, good special effects and a storyline that captures the essence of what #141-142 are...and I think they've already done it with the combination of trailer and Trask Industries website.

I'm going to keep expectations low but also am looking forward to it.

Has the casting for Bolivar Trask been discussed on here yet?

Not yet....but it's fricken brilliant.

What a hot mess.

I love it.

What I am expecting is good acting, good special effects and a storyline that captures the essence of what #141-142 are...and I think they've already done it with the combination of trailer and Trask Industries website.

I meant it was on Casey's list of "never see, even if tortured."

I will be there opening night.

Loved the trailer! Infinitely better than the Captain America trailer. I'm so excited for this X-Movie.

Not

Double not.

triple :whistle:

quad. :headbang:

The cast of X-Men is phenomenal. All of the primary cast are fantastic actors and have displayed fantastic performances as their respective characters (except perhaps Halle Berry). Both Xaviers; great. Both Magnetos; great. Wolverine; great. Iceman, Kitty, both very good. I just hope Colossus gets some time to shine in this movie. He's one of the most popular X-Men and his role in the previous movies has been cameo in length.

Chris Evans as Captain America is just so overwhelmingly bad. He was horrible in the first Cap movie, he was horrible in the Avengers movie...which does not lead me to believe that it will be any less horrible in the next Cap movie. If I can't accept the film's lead, it makes it tough to enjoy the trailer.

I just watched both trailers again. X-Men still rules the day for me. :cool:

Chris Evans as Captain America is just so overwhelmingly bad. He was horrible in the first Cap movie, he was horrible in the Avengers movie...which does not lead me to believe that it will be any less horrible in the next Cap movie. If I can't accept the film's lead, it makes it tough to enjoy the trailer.

I think Chris is going for 'stoic' and missed it slightly. I'll admit, even though I love the Cap / Avengers movies and this new trailer, his performance is a little 'wooden'...but I still enjoy the movies a lot.

What a hot mess.

I love it.

First off, Watchmen was not a "perfect" comic movie by any stretch. Second, the average person had no idea what Watchmen was in the first place. Third, it seems the only thing in that trailer that even resembles Days of Future Past is the time travel element. I'm not expecting it to be word for word, or even very close...but how about somewhere in the same ballpark?

What a hot mess.

I love it.

I meant it was on Casey's list of "never see, even if tortured."

I will be there opening night.

A lot of these movies I end up watching on cable if I'm bored enough. This is definitely on the never see list.

First off, Watchmen was not a "perfect" comic movie by any stretch.

It was more authentic to the source material than any other movie I can remember being made about comics.

What a hot mess.

I love it.

First off, Watchmen was not a "perfect" comic movie by any stretch. Second, the average person had no idea what Watchmen was in the first place. Third, it seems the only thing in that trailer that even resembles Days of Future Past is the time travel element. I'm not expecting it to be word for word, or even very close...but how about somewhere in the same ballpark?

Watchmen was listed as one of the top 100 novels of the 20th century, not graphic novels....novels novels. The sales over it's life are in the millions and millions of copies. So I think the average person might have a lot more awareness of what Watchmen was and is.

Wow - was not expecting Wolverine to be the time travel vessel. I always thought one of the best parts of DOFP was the juxtaposition of a grown up 'Katherine' within the teenaged 'Kittty.' It added to the 'punch-in-the-face' that this entire story brought. I understand it from a commercial standpoint, in that movie-goers are familiar with Wolverine & perhaps he is easier to tell the story through. But it is a disappointing story change IMO.

First off, Watchmen was not a "perfect" comic movie by any stretch.

It was more authentic to the source material than any other movie I can remember being made about comics.

Never saw Sin City or 300?