• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

So basically you're accepting that these are basically elseworlds tales and just enjoy them as is.

Yes. It's no different than when some writer comes onto the title and rewrites history for whatever reason. Writer's liberty.

I dunno, would it really have killed profits if they had done a story with the original X-Men that was somewhat close to the first few issues?

Regarding the DOFP changes, for example, it just makes so much sense for Wolverine to be the time traveller - that healing power is everything in a situation like that.

I disagree with most of what you wrote. I would also be willing to bet that your explanation for why Wolverine is the time traveler never crossed the writer or director's minds. I'm fairly certain Wolverine was chosen because of money.

Who's saying they want X-Men #1 done panel for panel to the big screen? I just hope for something close and we don't get anything even in the same ballpark.

But close to what?

You have the characters with their powers - those are fairly consistent.

You have the behaviors and character traits of the characters which are fairly true to the comics.

You have story concepts, but obviously with things changed to adapt to the big screen.

I mean, come on, Iron Man and Avengers story lines are not true to the comic books, but those comics were originally written organically with one concept growing out of another and no real plan over all simply because they didn't know they were going to be around 50 years later. Most of the stuff would be silly to adapt straight to the screen.

Now look what they've done instead to interweave Stark, Avengers, Hulk, Thor, Shield, Cap together.

It's frigging brilliant.

Anyhow, I let the concept of 'staying true' to the comics go a long time ago.

I just look at these as exciting new stories with the same old characters - almost like a one-off graphic novel in a different continuity. That way, I get to enjoy the movies rather than ignore them.

So basically you're accepting that these are basically elseworlds tales and just enjoy them as is. I dunno, would it really have killed profits if they had done a story with the original X-Men that was somewhat close to the first few issues?

Or at least used the original X-Men? (re: First Class)

-slym

It obviously wouldn't have worked...which is why they didn't use them :insane:

So basically you're accepting that these are basically elseworlds tales and just enjoy them as is.

Yes. It's no different than when some writer comes onto the title and rewrites history for whatever reason. Writer's liberty.

I dunno, would it really have killed profits if they had done a story with the original X-Men that was somewhat close to the first few issues?

Regarding the DOFP changes, for example, it just makes so much sense for Wolverine to be the time traveller - that healing power is everything in a situation like that.

I disagree with most of what you wrote. I would also be willing to bet that your explanation for why Wolverine is the time traveler never crossed the writer or director's minds. I'm fairly certain Wolverine was chosen because of money.

Absolutely.

He's the face of this franchise, launched 2 spin off flicks that made bank, he's the one to carry the ball in this movie for sure.

Absolutely.

He's the face of this franchise, launched 2 spin off flicks that made bank, he's the one to carry the ball in this movie for sure.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that.

It's just nice when you can take your big money player and he happens to work well in the story.

It was Singer that said that Wolverine was specifically chosen at time traveler for that reason. It just made sense to me after reading it.

Absolutely.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that.

It's just nice when you can take your big money player and he happens to work well in the story.

It was Singer that said that Wolverine was specifically chosen at time traveler for that reason. It just made sense to me after reading it.

Is he physically traveling through time or are they doing the mind swap from the original story?

Is he physically traveling through time or are they doing the mind swap from the original story?

I don't know. I haven't seen the movie yet.

lol

lol

If you don't know, then how come Wolverine having a healing factor makes more sense to you?

Wasn't impressed.. No Sentinel scenes?? :censored:

In a teaser trailer? When that CGI is probably the most time consuming and final piece to the film production?

I'd rather not see half-assed rendered Sentinels as was done in the first Hulk movie for the teaser trailer. That just about ruined the buzz for that film. Releasing bad SFX is worse than not releasing any SFX.

Here's what Singer said about the trailer:

Tomorrow’s trailer is primarily a character piece, as most of our VFX are not yet finished.

lol

If you don't know, then how come Wolverine having a healing factor makes more sense to you?

I assumed it was physically since Singer said this (but don't know for sure) :

He also told Empire that Wolverine was chosen as the character to go back in time because his healing factor would help him survive the process.

He also told Empire that Wolverine was chosen as the character to go back in time because his healing factor would help him survive the process.

I think the reasoning is there for why Wolverine.

It just isn't a good thing when someone has to post what they meant with the movie trailer just released in order to clarify the content. That's probably meaning something was lost in translation.

It just isn't a good thing when someone has to post what they meant with the movie trailer just released in order to clarify the content. That's probably meaning something was lost in translation.

I think people over-speculate trailers nowadays. As Singer himself said, it was just supposed to be a character piece...meaning he was just introducing the characters. It wasn't meant to show storyline.

As usual, I'll reserve judgement till I see more.

lol

It's a mind swap. Something about Kitty's powers lets her swap Wolverine's mind from the past. Pretty sure I heard Singer himself say that in an interview.

lol

It's a mind swap. Something about Kitty's powers lets her swap Wolverine's mind from the past. Pretty sure I heard Singer himself say that in an interview.

Well, now it all makes sense. Thank goodness Singer came along to clean up the poorly constructed original story.

lol

Well, now it all makes sense. Thank goodness Singer came along to clean up the poorly constructed original story.

I hope they leave the Claremont dialogue exactly the same as well:

Male Mutant Relationship Participant du jour: _______, I love you!!

Female Mutant Relationship Participant du jour: And I, you, with all my heart!!

Can't wait to see how it translates to film!! :banana:

lol

I hope they leave the Claremont dialogue exactly the same as well:

Male Mutant Relationship Participant du jour: _______, I love you!!

Female Mutant Relationship Participant du jour: And I, you, with all my heart!!

Can't wait to see how it translates to film!! :banana:

I never said I wanted everything verbatim (shrug)

You didn't?? :o

No. How about close, or even in the same ballpark? Though to be honest, I don't see how Claremont's dialogue is any worse than the "yellow spandex" comment or Wolverine calling Cyclops a in the first movie. (shrug)

No. How about close, or even in the same ballpark? Though to be honest, I don't see how Claremont's dialogue is any worse than the "yellow spandex" comment or Wolverine calling Cyclops a in the first movie. (shrug)

Our problem is that I thought both of those were great. lol

Our problem is that I thought both of those were great. lol

They both made me cringe, but we can agree to disagree with no hard feelings.

They were funny.