• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

You didn't?? :o

No. How about close, or even in the same ballpark? Though to be honest, I don't see how Claremont's dialogue is any worse than the "yellow spandex" comment or Wolverine calling Cyclops a in the first movie. (shrug)

They were funny.

I'm happy they made you laugh.

No. How about close, or even in the same ballpark? Though to be honest, I don't see how Claremont's dialogue is any worse than the "yellow spandex" comment or Wolverine calling Cyclops a in the first movie. (shrug)

Our problem is that I thought both of those were great. lol

They both made me cringe, but we can agree to disagree with no hard feelings.

Absolutely!! I only poke you every once in a while because your adherence to 70's comic book scripts is adorable.

:foryou:

They were funny.

I'm happy that you are happy because I was happy.

They were funny.

I'm happy that you are happy because I was happy.

:cloud9:

Unfortunately, nothing even close to that will be in the movie :(

As I'm currently reading the two issues for the first time since 1980 I'm shocked to realize how it doesn't stand the test of time.

As I'm currently reading the two issues for the first time since 1980 I'm shocked to realize how it doesn't stand the test of time.

I try to read the run about once a year and I enjoy it as much now as I did then (shrug)

I try to read the run about once a year and I enjoy it as much now as I did then (shrug)

I'm sure I loved it when I was 16 but you couldn't put that story up on screen as it is written in the comic.

I bet you could put a version of that story on the screen that involved Kitty and not once ever see Bishop or Blink.

:)

-slym

Agreed. You could do a close enough version...it doesn't have to be verbatim.

I bet you could put a version of that story on the screen that involved Kitty and not once ever see Bishop or Blink.

:)

-slym

Agreed. You could do a close enough version...it doesn't have to be verbatim.

Agreed. Focusing on Wolverine all the time is getting to be tedious.

But you'd have to remove much of the exposition, dialogue and costumes from the comic.