• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

I remember reading the last page of 142 and thinking, "Where's the rest of it"?

Small print on last page:

Hollywood thanks you for this initial -script. Oh, and I hope you don't mind. We'll be dropping the bright uniforms in a dark world where mutants are attempting to hide from the Sentinels. Please see your local military's field manual on camouflage for complete details.

Actually, the characters weren't wearing bright uniforms in the future. They all wore similar prison / concentration camp garb. I thought for sure you had read the original story....even though it was pretty bad.

See? Hollywood came through.

:applause:

Thank goodness :)

Now at least we can focus on the movie and stop worrying about why the colors are not bright enough. Why to keep going on about a point that you even admit doesn't matter or apply is beyond me.

I already let that go m'man (thumbs u

I also can admit when I am wrong.

I said many times this movie was going to be an epic POS, however after seeing how the movie previews and filming has progressed I think this will be the best X-men movie of all time.

Magneto moving a baseball stadium. :cloud9:

I remember some of those earlier posts. Glad to see the movie may be better off than where some assumed.

But too bad the costumes are not shiny enough. You know. Because in a dark, combative future where Mutants have to hide and fight to survive, you wear really bright outfits with a big bullseye and 'SHOOT HERE' over the top of it.

(:

I couldn't agree more. Nothing says comic book movie like stupid costumes. To be honest, the original story was so stupid I'm glad someone smart could finally make a good Days of Furture Past.

Agreed. It's very short and feels unfinished in comic form.

As a concept for a story it's A+ material.

That's all comics should really be, is just fodder for making brilliant movies.

I always felt the original DoFP should've been padded to at least six issues. Easier to make a trade out of it.

I think it should have just been told as a more complete story. It was far too truncated and unfinished. The idea for the story was great. Much like the ideas for Miller's Dark Knight and Old Man Logan were great ideas for a story. The execution and completeness of the storytelling can vary wildly.

How do you make it a more complete story? By padding it out to at least 6 issues.

They created an entirely new world, a potentially alternate yet complete future world, and the sum total of that world was covered in less than 1/2 the pages in two issues. Telling the story completely wouldn't be padding the story.

I guess it depends on what the plotter ( Byrne ) was thinking at the time. As far as I can tell, he didn't really care to go into great detail about the future world because in his mind it would never be revisited. The whole point of the exercise ( according to JB ) was to show the X-Men having a clear-cut victory...they won and wiped out the horrible future...until Claremont decided to ruin it with the infamous "incestuous kiss".

That's possible, they just left it open that the version of the history was going to happen anyway with the ending of the story.

I always thought they didn't go into detail because it was being told within the confines of the main X-men title and would thus become canon and tie the hands of storytellers going forward. It's not like one of those DC Elseworld's books that didn't care about linear storytelling, or a story like Old Man Logan that was it's own title and potentially never a part of the 616 world.

The original intention was that specific future was wiped out or changed. They prevented the death of Senator Kelly, thus preventing that future from happening. A clear-cut win. That's what Byrne plotted and what Claremont agreed to. It wasn't until Claremont scripted it that he created the infamous " incestuous kiss". Byrne claims he was furious when he read the issue and says that Claremont used his usual excuse of " that's what I felt like at the time I wrote it" for why he deviated from the agreed upon plot.

I also can admit when I am wrong.

I said many times this movie was going to be an epic POS, however after seeing how the movie previews and filming has progressed I think this will be the best X-men movie of all time.

Magneto moving a baseball stadium. :cloud9:

I remember some of those earlier posts. Glad to see the movie may be better off than where some assumed.

But too bad the costumes are not shiny enough. You know. Because in a dark, combative future where Mutants have to hide and fight to survive, you wear really bright outfits with a big bullseye and 'SHOOT HERE' over the top of it.

(:

I couldn't agree more. Nothing says comic book movie like stupid costumes. To be honest, the original story was so stupid I'm glad someone smart could finally make a good Days of Furture Past.

Agreed. It's very short and feels unfinished in comic form.

As a concept for a story it's A+ material.

That's all comics should really be, is just fodder for making brilliant movies.

I always felt the original DoFP should've been padded to at least six issues. Easier to make a trade out of it.

I think it should have just been told as a more complete story. It was far too truncated and unfinished. The idea for the story was great. Much like the ideas for Miller's Dark Knight and Old Man Logan were great ideas for a story. The execution and completeness of the storytelling can vary wildly.

How do you make it a more complete story? By padding it out to at least 6 issues.

They created an entirely new world, a potentially alternate yet complete future world, and the sum total of that world was covered in less than 1/2 the pages in two issues. Telling the story completely wouldn't be padding the story.

I guess it depends on what the plotter ( Byrne ) was thinking at the time. As far as I can tell, he didn't really care to go into great detail about the future world because in his mind it would never be revisited. The whole point of the exercise ( according to JB ) was to show the X-Men having a clear-cut victory...they won and wiped out the horrible future...until Claremont decided to ruin it with the infamous "incestuous kiss".

That's possible, they just left it open that the version of the history was going to happen anyway with the ending of the story.

I always thought they didn't go into detail because it was being told within the confines of the main X-men title and would thus become canon and tie the hands of storytellers going forward. It's not like one of those DC Elseworld's books that didn't care about linear storytelling, or a story like Old Man Logan that was it's own title and potentially never a part of the 616 world.

The original intention was that specific future was wiped out or changed. They prevented the death of Senator Kelly, thus preventing that future from happening. A clear-cut win. That's what Byrne plotted and what Claremont agreed to. It wasn't until Claremont scripted it that he created the infamous " incestuous kiss". Byrne claims he was furious when he read the issue and says that Claremont used his usual excuse of " that's what I felt like at the time I wrote it" for why he deviated from the agreed upon plot.

The story does work much better without the tack-on ending.

'BLUE BALLS - AND PROUD!'

It was sad how they parted ways in First Class.

I agree, that whole movie made me sad. I practically had a frown on my face the entire time watching it...except when Fasbender was on screen :cloud9:

When I was a kid I thought this was one of best American cartoons episodes of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR1P-nduHzM

Crazy how know Jubilee's gravestone said 2010. Man time flys!

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Reviews are starting to come in on this movie. And they are positive.

Is ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ The Best ‘X-Men’ Movie Ever?

Sean O'Connell: Do you know what character is legit great in #xmen? Quicksilver. I'm not joking. He REALLY works! Great scene.

LatinoReview-Kel: Saw X-Men: DOFP & it was really good! In opinion its the best X-Men movie so far but that's just me. It was like Avengers but with Mutants.

Steven Weintraub: X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST is great. Film finds a way to make both casts work & Quicksilver...wow. His main scene is highlight of the film.

Sean O'Connell: Do you know what character is legit great in #xmen? Quicksilver. I'm not joking. He REALLY works! Great scene.

LatinoReview-Kel: Saw X-Men: DOFP & it was really good! In opinion its the best X-Men movie so far but that's just me. It was like Avengers but with Mutants.

Steven Weintraub: X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST is great. Film finds a way to make both casts work & Quicksilver...wow. His main scene is highlight of the film.

:)

I get the gut feeling that this movie is going to be great, just like First Class.

I get the gut feeling that this movie is going to be great, just like First Class.

I have a feeling about the movie too. Similar to the feeling I get when I eat Escolar at a Sushi place.

Darn - I should have held on to that X-Men 4 a bit longer.

First class was amazing, except for that stupid pixie winged worthless girl mutant.

She was the lamest character on screen ever.

She should have just remained a stripper as her role in life would have made more sense.

First class was amazing, except for that stupid pixie winged worthless girl mutant.

She was the lamest character on screen ever.

She should have just remained a stripper as her role in life would have made more sense.

lol

Stripper pixie: fly for a fee.