• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exciting NEW Original Comic Art Blog -- Helps collectors find art!!!

50 posts in this topic

Glen Brunswick, here. I've wanted to do a comic art blog for a very long time. To create a place where seasoned and new collectors could come, learn about the comic art market, and discuss the current state of the hobby with highlights of recent touchstone OA sales with of course pictures of the VERY best OA that's come to market.

This is the new blog I've set up...

http://originalcomicartlocator.blogspot.com/

It is a place where I will share my opinions, welcome yours, and highlight original artwork that I feel is worthy of underscoring. A good deal of my focus will be on where I see what I consider to be bargains in the current marketplace. I will also highlight auctions that I feel are significant for one reason or another. I want to make this blog a hub of activity and I will welcome collectors input.

In addition, I want to try out a new service I plan on offering to collectors who would like help in locating comic art. I will take want lists from any collector that is interested in receiving my help and I will search for art on their behalf. These list will be confidential--I promise not to share them with anyone else and they will be destroyed if my services are no longer desired. If I'm able to locate any art on a collectors want list, and they are able to sucessfully purchase this art, then I will charge a fee of 10 percent of the final purchase price of the artwork. Again this fee will ONLY be payable if I am able to get you the art that you want! I hope to be able to help some of you finally find the art you desire. Those with realistic goals, as in life, will certainly have a better chance of success.

On this blog, I will also be highlighting from time to time artwork that I have for sale and presenting art that I have purchased for my personal collection.

I hope you will all BOOKMARK this blog and come back often for rousing, pull no punches, discussion on the current state of the comic art marketplace.

Happy collecting!

Thanks,

Glen Brunswick

I'm looking forward to more installments. I even subscribed. :)

Pet peeve: I like blogs to have very small pictures at the top or even just a little text. I want to get to the meat with out scrolling down.

Admittedly, my screen is small, but when I first call up the blog all I see is the image.

I was using an HP Elitebook 2740p running Win7 and Chrome. I haven't tried it on my iMac yet. I'll e-mail you a screen capture.

This machine is very small and light weight (nice because I travel a lot), but the screen is really small.

Just tried it on my iMac which is 10.7.4 running Chrome with a 21.5" diagonal screen. In this case, the first picture takes up 50% of the horizontal screen real estate. This does allow the first blog to be shown.

I do like the image; it's very appropriate to the Search offering. It just dominates the page.

I can send you that picture if you are interested.

Glen can i ask if your wants list service will be restricted to items over a certain price point and how your 10% fee will work if you are not aware of the final selling price (given that it will be a closed negotiation between two parties), or will you need to be integral to making the deal happen?.

Finaly, how will the 10% be calculated in instances where a trade is used as part of the deal.

You bring up a good point.

I'll trust the buyer to come up with a fair market value on the trade in question and I'll calculate my 10 percent fee based on that trade value plus any cash outlay.

If its an all trade deal, I'll trust the buyer to come up with a fair market value to base my fee on.

I haven't set a minimum price point yet, but I would hope that most of the pieces I hunt for that have any degree of difficulty would be 2000 or more.

I can also negotiate on the buyers behalf, but it's not integral. This would only be if the buyer wants me to.

Thanks!

Glen

Thanks for answering those questions, here's a few more -

Given that you will be using your network of friends and relationships to find these pieces, can we trust that you will not influence the sale price by letting the sellers know what we are prepared to pay ?

Would we have the option to not give any indication of price that we are prepared to purchase the piece(s) for, or would you be in a position to let us have an idea of a likely selling price prior to us contacting the seller ?

I will do my best to secure the piece at the lowest possible price that I can. That's what I've been doing for myself as a collector for many years. I see no reason why that would change simply because I'm doing it for someone else who is a client.

If you want me to try and secure a piece of art I think you need to give me a pretty good indication of what you are willing to pay. The last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time looking for art for someone who has no intention of paying close to what it will take to secure the art from the seller. I will try to operate within in a range that will be clear to both buyer and seller.

Thanks.

Glen

I just want to ask a favor...

A number of you have written to me that you really like the articles I wrote on the blog. I really appreciate that feedback. I'm glad the content seems to be working. Specifically I received comments about the ASM 328 and the DD 16 blurbs.

I'm hoping, if you wouldn't mind, that you might go back to the blog and put your comments, good or bad, on the blog itself. I'd like to try and make the blog as interactive as possible so it can begin to take on a life of its own.

Thanks to all who have given me support!!! It's really heartening to get so this much nice feedback so early.

Once again the addy...

http://www.originalcomicartlocator.blogspot.com

Best,

Glen