• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xmen 11 & 12

12 posts in this topic

The more I get CGC's back the more I'm convinced they go with "feel" not measuring defects....Both feel like 8.0 to me with the nice white backs and gloss and very minor edge defects that I see some in the 9.0 range in silvers.

I think if you did some erasing magic on the back of the 11 near the staples and got it pressed I could see 7.0. to 7.5 (8 if no waterstain?)

I think the 12 doesn't need much except straighting the bends out of the front cover if safe and possible and probably see 8.0...not sure what is wrong with it to deserve a 6.0 :-P

The more I get CGC's back the more I'm convinced they go with "feel" not measuring defects....Both feel like 8.0 to me with the nice white backs and gloss and very minor edge defects that I see some in the 9.0 range in silvers.

I think if you did some erasing magic on the back of the 11 near the staples and got it pressed I could see 7.0. to 7.5 (8 if no waterstain?)

I think the 12 doesn't need much except straighting the bends out of the front cover if safe and possible and probably see 8.0...not sure what is wrong with it to deserve a 6.0 :-P

I'm new to this, so I though maybe all that overhang was something that knocked the comic hard?

How is something like that graded?

Coulda been manufacturing defect.... or the way it was stored. lots of older books have printing defects that are either ignored or very relaxed. I think if the overhang had all rips and chew marks it would be downgraded...but thats just a little wrinkled in...