• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a Frank Miller signature?

34 posts in this topic

The signature in question looks very consistent with a lot of FM signatures I own, have owned in the past, and have seen.

Yup, I wouldn't hesitate to think it's real. I've seen a few like that too.

(thumbs u

As someone who owns or has owned several FM signed items, I can say with confidence that not only is that Frank Miller's signature, but also that it would be much harder to fake than you think if someone knows what to look for. Zipper (Steve Zarelli) is something of an expert on signatures outside of the comic field, so it would be interested to hear him chime in. But I completely disagree with people who are saying it's not Frank because it wasn't witnessed by CGC. Most of the items I own that Frank signed were not witnessed by CGC. He signs all the time. The signature does not really add value to the book, so why would someone fake it these days?

And then there is the fact that it absolutely, 100% looks real.

+1

By the way I am playing Devil's Advocate because if I was to buy anything with a supposed signature I would like some form of authentication to go along with it. So, maybe SS CGC is not the only way such as a picture of the person autographing it would probably suffice.

Unless it is a picture of an artist signing something like one of a kind OA, a picture doesn't prove much. I can take a picture of an artist signing a book and then forge another copy and attach the photo with it.

I forget who has that Daredevil 187 on the forum where Miller scribbled down the cover as a signature, but then went right down the cover as if someone was dragging him away from the table. That was different.

(shrug)

But what a cover for a signature.

20177-2190-22513-1-daredevil_super.jpg

I'm going to vote yes, actually. A copy of Wolverine #1 just came in (to the local store I visit in Erie, PA) and it's signed in much the same way. I found this post trying to help them verify it. Unfortunately, the book's original owner is deceased, so there is no witness. 

IMG_8593.JPG