• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have found a grail!

37 posts in this topic

I think some of you make your own craigslist ads just to mess with us with stuff like this.

However I too found a grail...

chasha_1.jpg

You have chosen wisely my son

lastcrusade-knight_5449.jpg

Just for posterity, the whole text:

"I found an Action Series No. 1 June, 1938. The comic is supposed to be worth a lot of money, but I don't really have the time or care enough to check it out. It is 1938 so it is a collectible and in mint condition. Comes in original package with a book and ad. So its all their. It is when Superman dies so it is supposedly the most important comic in comic history."

when i saw the listing on ebay, I emailed the seller

"FYI, this isnt old or rare, its a recent reprint of an old comic"

he answered

"the cover says 1939"

I answered

"thats a reproduction of a 1939 cover, the comic was made in 1974, look inside at the publication date, thats why its a dollar, not 10 cents - which is what comics cost in 1939."

he answered

"Oh my bad I'm not a Comic wiz. Thank you though."

Ah the infamous scam technique of prentending to be dumb to find an even bigger sucker. Only thing is, i don't think there is anyone dumber than the seller who's just another worthles scam artist.

Yes, it's really a search for the dumbest man on earth by the second dumbest man.

reminds me of a recent article in The Economist explaining why Nigerian internet scams have become so blatant...its to weed out the not so dumb people who would question why the Prince of Nigeria would randomly contact them to help recover millions of dollars

http://www.economist.com/node/21557726

For the life of me, I don't get all this fuss over finding a quail. Sure, here in the midwest they've been pretty darn scarce since the Blizzard of '77 followed by the Deep Freeze of '78. So if you're from Ohio or further north, it can be a bit surprsing to see one of the little guys even after all of these years. They're making a bit of a comeback, but are still rather scarce, however.

On the other hand, if you live in California the things are about as common as chickens. Go up into the hills beyond San Francisco and you'll see a dozen of 'em on any given day. I imagine they're pretty easy to come across throughout the Southwest as well, where several varieties exist in different niches. And in the deep south, the resident quail, or bobwhite, is still as common as ever, and a favorite of hunters.

So sure, in some areas it might be interesting to spot a quail... but still... for all of the talk on these boards you'd think you guys had sighted an ivory-billed woodpecker or even a pteradactyl. I mean, seriously... is it really that big of a...

hm?

What do you mean?

I thought he said quail...

what's a ....?

Oh.

Oh, then.

6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg

For the life of me, I don't get all this fuss over finding a quail. Sure, here in the midwest they've been pretty darn scarce since the Blizzard of '77 followed by the Deep Freeze of '78. So if you're from Ohio or further north, it can be a bit surprsing to see one of the little guys even after all of these years. They're making a bit of a comeback, but are still rather scarce, however.

On the other hand, if you live in California the things are about as common as chickens. Go up into the hills beyond San Francisco and you'll see a dozen of 'em on any given day. I imagine they're pretty easy to come across throughout the Southwest as well, where several varieties exist in different niches. And in the deep south, the resident quail, or bobwhite, is still as common as ever, and a favorite of hunters.

So sure, in some areas it might be interesting to spot a quail... but still... for all of the talk on these boards you'd think you guys had sighted an ivory-billed woodpecker or even a pteradactyl. I mean, seriously... is it really that big of a...

hm?

What do you mean?

I thought he said quail...

what's a ....?

Oh.

Oh, then.

6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg

:roflmao:

Wow, Action #1 just keeps popping up everywhere.

I dont know why I ever thought it was rare

http://stockton.craigslist.org/for/3230276711.html

Superman # 1 Comic Book - $35 (Stockton)

Date: 2012-08-26, 5:48AM PDT

Reply to: see below

I Have an Action Comics Superman NO 1 Comic Book

Cover Date June, 1938

Cover Price .10

This is boarded and sealed, and has never been opened.

I would say this is in VERY GOOD Condition.

Asking $35.00

I have included several pictures so you can see how nice this item is.

Please CALL, DO NOT TEXT PLEASE!

916-397-9432 For an appointment.

If your number is blocked,

be sure to leave a message with your phone number

I DO NOT RESPOND to BLOCKED NUMBERS

I AM in Stockton.

Wow, Action #1 just keeps popping up everywhere.

I dont know why I ever thought it was rare

http://stockton.craigslist.org/for/3230276711.html

Superman # 1 Comic Book - $35 (Stockton)

Date: 2012-08-26, 5:48AM PDT

Reply to: see below

I Have an Action Comics Superman NO 1 Comic Book

Cover Date June, 1938

Cover Price .10

This is boarded and sealed, and has never been opened.

I would say this is in VERY GOOD Condition.

Asking $35.00

I have included several pictures so you can see how nice this item is.

Please CALL, DO NOT TEXT PLEASE!

916-397-9432 For an appointment.

If your number is blocked,

be sure to leave a message with your phone number

I DO NOT RESPOND to BLOCKED NUMBERS

I AM in Stockton.

looks like the 1992 reprint buddy.