• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

I bought the book at NYCC 2010 if that helps. Maybe the partnership has dissolved since then.

(shrug)

Pretty sure Rick and Adam still share table space at various cons and do joint purchases on larger books that they flip. Also, Rick is a busy man these days running a new LCS, etc.

they partnered at nycc 2011

I can't say enough about Rick Whitelock.He just goes out of his way to find me the books I want,and customer service fuggettaboutit! How many sellers would find a book,pay for it and hold it for you for 8 months until you meet them at a convention? Not many. (worship)

I've never done a deal with Rick, but would love to. But first I need him to discover the concept of "ultra high grade" books.

I can't say enough about Rick Whitelock.He just goes out of his way to find me the books I want,and customer service fuggettaboutit! How many sellers would find a book,pay for it and hold it for you for 8 months until you meet them at a convention? Not many. (worship)

I've never done a deal with Rick, but would love to. But first I need him to discover the concept of "ultra high grade" books.

Ouch, that ones going to leave a mark ! lol

Rick knows we all love him. :foryou:

Ouch, that ones going to leave a mark ! lol

Rick knows we all love him. :foryou:

Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing Rick's grading or his business in any way. I was just saying Rick doesn't typically deal in ultra-HG books, which is what I collect, so that's why I haven't had the opportunity to transact with him.

Anyone have a link to the "shilling" issue bought into question a few pages back... or the validity of that accusation?

It was very valid. It was also never explained, AFAIK.

Matt Nelson was caught shilling auctions as arseman. He was then caught again when members found spectre52 auctions were being bid up by two accounts that had hundreds of eBay bids, >99.8% exclusively on spectre52 auctions.

No explanation was offered, save for telling one of his more outspoken critics that 'his moral compass was too tightly wound' and asking 'what had he done for the hobby?'

Right, and the third time was when VaCliff come on here and admitted he shill bid for Matt. As mentioned, that thread was recently deleted by CGC (the power of The Arse!), and this is all that is left of Cliff admitting to it in his own words:

"Sorry, no shill bidding here.

Have I bought books from Worldwide? Sure.

Have I bid and lost on books from Worldwide? Sure.

Did I give an explanation where someone could buy a book and it could then be in an auction house a few weeks later? Sure.

But don't let any of this get in the way of those whose minds are made up."

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4838292&Searchpage=1&Main=224547&Words=+vacliff&topic=0&Search=true

Anyone have a link to the "shilling" issue bought into question a few pages back... or the validity of that accusation?

Matt Nelson was caught shilling auctions as arseman. He was then caught again when members found spectre52 auctions were being bid up by two accounts that had hundreds of eBay bids, >99.8% exclusively on spectre52 auctions.

No explanation was offered, save for telling one of his more outspoken critics that 'his moral compass was too tightly wound' and asking 'what had he done for the hobby?'

Right, and the third time was when VaCliff come on here and admitted he shill bid for Matt. As mentioned, that thread was recently deleted by CGC (the power of The Arse!), and this is all that is left of Cliff admitting to it in his own words:

Did I give an explanation where someone could buy a book and it could then be in an auction house a few weeks later? Sure.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4838292&Searchpage=1&Main=224547&Words=+vacliff&topic=0&Search=true

How is that shilling? He bids on WW books. Sometimes he wins and sometimes he loses. As long as he's paying for the books when he wins, how is that shilling?

How is that shilling? He bids on WW books. Sometimes he wins and sometimes he loses. As long as he's paying for the books when he wins, how is that shilling?

Exactly, thank you for making my point for me. I could've shown you the evidence, right from VACliff's mouth (like when he said Matt contacts him and tells him what auctions need could be a bargain to bid on), but that thread was deleted. Like I said above, that quote is all that is left, all that is left to prove the thread even existed, and it's terribly out of context.

Edit: here's some more info from the thread that got that thread deleted:

"If I remember correctly (correct me if I don't) the situation we are discussing involved a friend of WW bidding up the auctions and not buying the comics he won. Instead WW sent them to CLink and sold them there. In this case the friend never had any intention of buying, the only reason for bidding was pushing the price up on other, serious bidders." - Monkeyman

"Not only that but he freely admitted that he shilled up books that were going for less than a desired price" - Oakman

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5874936&Searchpage=1&Main=265718&Words=+Monkeyman&topic=0&Search=true

Oh the irony.

A new member who joined 08/08/12 but whom has knowledge of the boards far beyond the usual noob ... cough, cough, shill ... talking about someone else acting as a shill.

Exactly, thank you for making my point for me. I could've shown you the evidence, right from VACliff's mouth (like when he said Matt contacts him and tells him what auctions need could be a bargain to bid on), but that thread was deleted. Like I said above, that quote is all that is left, all that is left to prove the thread even existed, and it's terribly out of context.

"If I remember correctly (correct me if I don't) the situation we are discussing involved a friend of WW bidding up the auctions and not buying the comics he won. Instead WW sent them to CLink and sold them there. In this case the friend never had any intention of buying, the only reason for bidding was pushing the price up on other, serious bidders." - Monkeyman

"Not only that but he freely admitted that he shilled up books that were going for less than a desired price" - Oakman

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5874936&Searchpage=1&Main=265718&Words=+Monkeyman&topic=0&Search=true

Still no Dr. Burt Hutt?

Lame.

Still no Dr. Burt Hutt?

Lame.

Aw dude, I tried "Burt_the_Hutt" one day but it was deleted in 5 minutes!