• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Rankings 2012

369 posts in this topic

I am very surprised that Metropolis beat out a couple of people on that list. I feel these days that Comiclink has more of a selling presence and I would have accepted Sparklecity edging Metropolis out believe it or not.

I can understand (and agree with) Heritage being number one; but I was surprised that Greg Reece was not on the list!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I am thinking next year might be Greg's year to get on the list. I think his website is great and his selection of keys and inventory is growing each year.

This list is always a good read. I'm surprised to see Harley drop from the top 10.

I am surprised that Chuck of Mile High Comics doesn`t make the top 10.

I have gotten many movie comics from him before the hype of movies begins at cheap prices. Like tons of Infinity Gauntlets as an example. He was the only one that had multiple copies of these kinda comic books in stock.

:cloud9:

This list is always a good read. I'm surprised to see Harley drop from the top 10.

I am surprised that Chuck of Mile High Comics doesn`t make the top 10.

I have gotten many movie comics from him before the hype of movies begins at cheap prices. Like tons of Infinity Gauntlets as an example. He was the only one that had multiple copies of these kinda comic books in stock.

:cloud9:

These are only his top 10 not the top 10.

HA was an obvious #1 but due to the CA sales tax they are pretty much useless to me; i have to be willing to pay 10% more than the next guy to win a book (unless the next guy is from NY, TX or CA)

Yeah, I hear that...

I love ComicLink... but should they really be considered as a comic book dealer? They have no inventory of their own and are just an auction and consignment house...unless I'm mistaken?

That's not accurate, you may not know it because they aren't identified this way, but they do own some of the books listed and in auctions.

I love ComicLink... but should they really be considered as a comic book dealer? They have no inventory of their own and are just an auction and consignment house...unless I'm mistaken?

That's not accurate, you may not know it because they aren't identified this way, but they do own some of the books listed and in auctions.

They'd be dumb not to. Why make just 10% when you can make so much more?

I am very surprised that Metropolis beat out a couple of people on that list. I feel these days that Comiclink has more of a selling presence and I would have accepted Sparklecity edging Metropolis out believe it or not.

Doesn't surprise me at all. The combination of the Metro website, the CC website, and the large number of private deals that we never hear about clearly puts Metro above CL or Sparkle.

You never bid on a book in their 'exchange' and receive a counteroffer of literally one dollar lesss than the asking price?

I always used to think those were their own books.

'mint'

Sparkle City has certainly come out of nowhere and week after week, put up some nice and truly rare books. I certainly hope they can keep up the pace!

Also, the free shipping they offer is really a super positive for them. I wish all dealers would offer free shipping, especially if you are spending over a certain amount.

I love this thread as it is very informative to me, I have dealt with a few of these dealers over the years and read about various experiences of boardies with others, but to see the good and bad laid out like this is very helpful to me as I continue to look for alternatives to supply my needs.

Thanks for a great read Brian. (thumbs u

You never bid on a book in their 'exchange' and receive a counteroffer of literally one dollar lesss than the asking price?

I always used to think those were their own books.

'mint'

This explains alot !

:)

Sparkle City has certainly come out of nowhere and week after week, put up some nice and truly rare books. I certainly hope they can keep up the pace!

Also, the free shipping they offer is really a super positive for them. I wish all dealers would offer free shipping, especially if you are spending over a certain amount.

Along with the free shipping, they also ship very quickly.