• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I missing something here?....

17 posts in this topic

....I know I haven't been doing my modern homework lately,...but can anyone splain to me why an Ultimate Spider-man #48,...in 9.6 no less,.....is selling for $65.00... blush.gif. USM 48

Outside of Kingpin making what I believe is his first apperance in USM I didn't see anything special.

The cover is actually a light grey, not white. confused.gif

Yeah it is light gray or a off white cover laugh.gif this one is listed as #48

529732-%2348.jpg

589a8cb1992ad_529732-48.jpg.4976624bd9635e4420252ff5bbe0b7f3.jpg

Outside of Kingpin making what I believe is his first apperance in USM I didn't see anything special.

Kingpin's 1st USM appearance was early on in the run. Somewhere around #8-10.

Wizard has it listed for $1650.00 in 9.8!!!... blush.gif...now I went around to about half a dozen LCS today and they all had copies,..at least one or two of the grey/white #48...granted they all had spinalrackademus, (a clinical condition caused by the repeated handling and flipping of comic books in a fan-like manner while housed in wire display racks)....but some weren't so bad,...howvere I didn't see any of the blue covered ones....what gives?

Wizard has it listed for $1650.00 in 9.8!!!... blush.gif...now I went around to about half a dozen LCS today and they all had copies,..at least one or two of the grey/white #48...granted they all had spinalrackademus, (a clinical condition caused by the repeated handling and flipping of comic books in a fan-like manner while housed in wire display racks)....but some weren't so bad,...howvere I didn't see any of the blue covered ones....what gives?

Any idea if this $1,650 price in Wizard is based on real world documented sales? Or is this another classic case of Wizard trying to force their imaginery prices in hopes of influencing real world prices to move up to their desired levels. tonofbricks.gif

My bad,..it was listed as 165.00...not 1650.00

Thanks, now that's a lot better. $165 is actually a realistic price for an 9.8 Modern whereas the other price just seem too unrealistically high to be reflective of the market. thumbsup2.gif

Kingpin's 1st USM appearance was early on in the run. Somewhere around #8-10.

thumbsup2.gif

This is really weird. 10 out of 19 submitted have graded 9.8, but that's hardly any submissions for a USM. Issue 47 has 68 submissions already. I wonder what the manufacturing defect is.

The bidders are still moronic though.

This is really weird. 10 out of 19 submitted have graded 9.8, but that's hardly any submissions for a USM. Issue 47 has 68 submissions already. I wonder what the manufacturing defect is.

The bidders are still moronic though.

As far as I can see the spine is all dented,...went to about 9 shops and they all looked the same....

I've seen this comic go for about 250.00 on ebay. I know some shops that sent over 100 copies to CGC and as far as I know only 1 shop got 3 or 4 back in 9.8. This is why people are paying so much for this comic. 893frustrated.gif