• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #1 Slight Cover Difference

76 posts in this topic

Wow.

I firmly believe that there will be a distinct separation in price in the future. In the meantime, I'll keep buying every black letters I can find. ;-)

Why don't we just assume there is a difference now and I'll sell you 20 9.8's for an even $100k. :)

One sold cheap tonight on eBay.

I'm not sure I would call a raw #1 that is EBay graded "about an 8.0" selling for $617 cheap. :whistle:

Jim

As far as #1's selling and if there is a premium for a black label it sold cheap.

Plus he undergraded it. :makepoint:

No one is saying there are premiums for black labels now, but eventually will separate itself from his White Mature Readers label cousin. :whistle:

As for under grading that book...I don't think so. In the close up pic of the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if it had some water damage.

Jim

No one is saying there are premiums for black labels now, but eventually will separate itself from his White Mature Readers label cousin. :whistle:

As for under grading that book...I don't think so. In the close up pic of the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if it had some water damage.

Jim

Well now this is starting to sound like a bet. Pick a WD 1 auction and name that grade. How many have you slabbed again? :baiting:

on Ebay UK #1 - #45 sold for 1200 quid approx - missed it as all were in great condition.

Damn these time zones!

Silly me, I was searching for "Walking Dead 1"...not "Walking Dead One".

Considering the title, the horrible picture quality, the fact that the seller listed it as an 8.0, and the seller's FB rating (1!), I think the book sold high. True raw NM copies sell for $750 or so.

You guys need to learn to read. I said that one sold cheap tonight. I never made any claims as to why it sold cheap. You also said you would buy any black copy. This copy would cost you less. $750 NM on a good buyers night. :baiting: