• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early ASM Complete Book - got chewed up by dog?

72 posts in this topic

That dog would have to be put down!

rantrant

Dogs are dogs. They chew things. Any person who would put a dog down because it chewed up something, no matter how valuable, should be put down instead of the dog.

I am sure you're joking (at least I sure hope so anyway) - but as someone who has now and has had multiple "rescue dogs" I can't just ignore your comment.

rantrant

Dogs are dogs. They chew things. Any person who would put a dog down because it chewed up something, no matter how valuable, should be put down instead of the dog.

I am sure you're joking (at least I sure hope so anyway) - but as someone who has now and has had multiple "rescue dogs" I can't just ignore your comment.

i'd train my dog better

dog3.gif

It's an emotional topic for me. I own dogs that were nearly killed because they didn't behave perfectly for their owners. How anyone can think so little of the value of the life of an animal is beyond my comprehension.

Here's a picture of me with one of our current rescued dogs, Magnus. He was about to be shot by his owner when he was rescued. His crime? He was deaf. His owner didn't want to have to deal with it (oh, and by the way, the owner abused and beat the dog, likely because they thought his misbehavior and failure to obey was intentional, not realizing the dog was deaf). He is missing multiple teeth and has some mobility issues. He was fear-aggressive with strangers.

Fast forward to today and this picture, and this is how any animal can show love and affection when they live in an environment of trust, respect, and support.

So yeah, cavalier comments about putting a dog down because it did something like chew up something sort of rubs me the wrong way.

SteveMagnus.jpg

rantrant

i'd train my dog better

dog3.gif

It's an emotional topic for me. I own dogs that were nearly killed because they didn't behave perfectly for their owners. How anyone can think so little of the value of the life of an animal is beyond my comprehension.

Here's a picture of me with one of our current rescued dogs, Magnus. He was about to be shot by his owner when he was rescued. His crime? He was deaf. His owner didn't want to have to deal with it (oh, and by the way, the owner abused and beat the dog, likely because they thought his misbehavior and failure to obey was intentional, not realizing the dog was deaf). He is missing multiple teeth and has some mobility issues. He was fear-aggressive with strangers.

Fast forward to today and this picture, and this is how any animal can show love and affection when they live in an environment of trust, respect, and support.

So yeah, cavalier comments about putting a dog down because it did something like chew up something sort of rubs me the wrong way.

SteveMagnus.jpg

Good for you sir! (thumbs u Much respect for rescuing that poor animal. Stories like that about the former owner just disgust me and they are far too common.

Owners of bad dogs are just bad dog owners :signrant:

GREAT picture btw lol

Dogs are dogs. They chew things.

From time to time. In my experience though a dog that chews up property is either

a) a puppy and just teething, or

b) bored. They get destructive when they don't get exercise or mental stimulation - they are literally creating their own stimulation by chewing something. A dog shown lots of love and exercised regularly most likely shouldn't be chewing up your ASM 6 :wishluck:

That's a wonderful picture!

I hope you keep rescuing them. Every pet deserves a loving home.

Thanks -- oh yes, for sure. (thumbs u

And I didn't mean to hijack the thread. We can go back to talking about the Amazing Spider-Man 6 original art.

Does anyone have any pictures of any of the pages? I had heard some were damaged pretty heavily -- maybe even destroyed, but have no idea if that's true or exaggeration to make the story better. Other reports say that the edges of certain pages were damaged but nothing significant.

(shrug)

Take it easy. I was just joking around. I've had dogs all my life and I don't need you to tell me how to care for them .

YOU take it easy. I said in my post that I was sure you were joking. Get defensive much?

Bottom line is, I don't take any joke of putting a dog down very lightly. As I explained.

The story i heard was that it was a comic book dealer and the complete book cost $5K back then. The dealer was obviously not in and the USPS man decided to leave the art on his front porch. The rest is history.

I used to own page 16,17,and 18. The hors D'oeuvres, pages 16 and 17 only had the corner nibbles, but page 18, which imho is by far the best page in the book was chewed more than most and had a piece of one of the panels replaced/restored. The dog obviously had good taste. Fortunately none of the drawn figures of Spidey or the Lizard had been damaged, but the page had been creased up. Over the years, i have seen pics of or heard about every page, but one to ASM 6, so it could still be out there.