• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EARTHQUAKE

31 posts in this topic

Didn't feel it, but I was asleep.

The media loves this because it gives them something to talk about, and they can always speculate if the "big one" is on the way to instill fear in people.

Given the size of various quakes around the world over the past year I would be nervous as hell if I was sitting in an earthquake zone.

I worry more about a tsunami. We live 7 feet above sea level.

earthquake.jpg

My Lord! I forgot about this guy. Don't see guys like that in wrestling much anymore

I went to a pro wrestling match in the early 70's. There was an Indian chief there. I don't remember his name. It was really cool to see as a kid. :cloud9:

We recently had some small ones about 100km east of Melbourne, 4.0 or something.

I was felt here but only slightly - even then it was an uncomfortable feeling.

How do you guys cope out there with the thought of a larger one.

Are all houses protected to some degree from shakes and if so how?

Genuine question guys as I have always been curious.

earthquake.jpg

My Lord! I forgot about this guy. Don't see guys like that in wrestling much anymore

I went to a pro wrestling match in the early 70's. There was an Indian chief there. I don't remember his name. It was really cool to see as a kid. :cloud9:

Jay Strongbow or Wahoo McDanials?

earthquake.jpg

Jay Strongbow or Wahoo McDanials?

I believe Jay Strongbow. He was wearing a long, feather headress. Andre the Giant might have been there too.

Anyone know if bank safety deposit boxes are earthquake proof?

Not specifically.

If the Bank gets destroyed, the Vaults have SOME protection of extra reinforcement but the individual boxes can get smashed by falling debris, etc.

Liquifaction, or the "sink-hole" effect can be much worse...

CAL who was at Warner Bros. in Burbank early 9 AM-ish and we thought some equipment operator crashed at the next sound stage...