• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I screwed or is he screwed? (ebay!)

91 posts in this topic

I learned from the recent thread about the misdelivered Amazing Fantasy 15 that registered mail is the way to go, although it may be too expensive for a $70 item...I'm not sure what it costs.

so having a package delivered to more secure offices vs sitting on my doorstep for 4-6 hrs until I get home is more safe?

much less the potential of being exposed to the elements...

I think I'll keep shipping to my office.

This drives me crazy. My post office only delivers what it can fit in my mailbox. If it doesn't fit, I get a knock at the door. If no one is home, I get a postcard saying I have a package at the post office to pick up. Mailman takes the package back to the post office to wait for me to pick it up. Why don't other branches do this?

so having a package delivered to more secure offices vs sitting on my doorstep for 4-6 hrs until I get home is more safe?

much less the potential of being exposed to the elements...

I think I'll keep shipping to my office.

This drives me crazy. My post office only delivers what it can fit in my mailbox. If it doesn't fit, I get a knock at the door. If no one is home, I get a postcard saying I have a package at the post office to pick up. Mailman takes the package back to the post office to wait for me to pick it up. Why don't other branches do this?

My Postman actually did just this with any package (regardless of whether it fit in my mailbox or not) for about 2 months after they said they had delivered something, refused to listen to me, basically called me a liar, etc etc.

I think it might have to do with the fact that I found the package at a similar address (same numbers one block down) and went to the post office and threw an attack.

I since have a new deliveryman that leaves every single package at the door... sigh... back to square one.

I'm considering getting a PO Box to avoid things like this. Anyone ever have problems with a PO Box?

Only ones in a bunch of others.

It sounds like USPS is really on a streak lately.

I don't have any advice in your particular situation. However it is becoming fairly evident, especially in the past few weeks, that USPS is about as incompetent as it can possibly get when it comes to a carrier being entrusted with the responsibility to deliver a package from point A to B.

I refuse to believe the blame should fall on anyone but USPS in cases like this. As for the seller, after experiencing a single mishap like this, the only way they should accept any blame is if they ever used them again.

USPS should both fix their tracking system and ditch the misfit workers who aren't properly processing/delivering packages and/or doing their job.

God knows how many unemployed Americans would be ready, willing and would very likely be elated to have a job and could understand and appreciate the concept of being paid to do it properly. 2c

As its been explained to me, the real problem is that the Post Office is broke and getting deeper into debt every day. The surefire cure for that ailment is to replace modestly competent full time employees with not-so-competent part time contract workers. On Saturday mornings at my local post office (the only USPS facility still open on Saturdays in the entire county), the line to see the supervisor about complaints and misdelivered packages is a mile long. On a purely anecdotal level, the number of crushed Priority Mail boxes in the last year really seems to be up...luckily, it hasn't resulted in anything more then a couple of cracked cases.

There are those that would blame Congress for a lot of the problems the USPS is currently encountering, since they have chosen to sit on their hands and not approve the cost-cutting measures the Postmaster General has said are vital for the service to survive. I think the end of an era is near, probably within the next five years.

Read up on why the Post Office is broke. It has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the service, pay to employees, benefits, etc. It has to do with a ridiculous law that was passed to make the Post Office fund retirement benefits way, way out in the future. A requirement no company would be able to accomplish. The post office is being used as a political football.

As its been explained to me, the real problem is that the Post Office is broke and getting deeper into debt every day. The surefire cure for that ailment is to replace modestly competent full time employees with not-so-competent part time contract workers. On Saturday mornings at my local post office (the only USPS facility still open on Saturdays in the entire county), the line to see the supervisor about complaints and misdelivered packages is a mile long. On a purely anecdotal level, the number of crushed Priority Mail boxes in the last year really seems to be up...luckily, it hasn't resulted in anything more then a couple of cracked cases.

There are those that would blame Congress for a lot of the problems the USPS is currently encountering, since they have chosen to sit on their hands and not approve the cost-cutting measures the Postmaster General has said are vital for the service to survive. I think the end of an era is near, probably within the next five years.

Not to derail the thread or anything but where do you live? Where I live (Houston) there are at least three post offices open on Saturday, the downtown branch (Franklin St.) and the Judiway branch are open till Noon while the IAH (airport) location is open 24/7, yes 24/7. I have made the drive there late Saturday night or even Sunday several times to make sure things get shipped out when I am swamped..

Long time(sort of) registry member and 1st time message board poster. Hello to all and hope to get some input from everyone on this eBay sale. While I feel I've been screwed here I'll leave that up to you guys to decide, but the evidence is there. Gotta be honest, I can't type worth , so please keep that in mind. I'm currently unemployed so I've been selling some books to make up the diff between my lost salary and what my wife brings home. To make a long story short, I sold a bronze book( Witching Hour 59 Don Rosa) to a registry member and message board member(I know, internet drama!) who claimed to have never received said book. I've got proof of delivery conf. and even refunded some $ for over shipping quote(charged him exact cost). He opens a paypal dispute saying he never received the book after a week of proof del. conf. so I provide him with all info regarding shipping(I have Endicia mail service-print at home) and we go from there. 10 more days pass so I send him a pm saying what's up? Don't know you, don't know if I'm being scammed but I'm going to ask paypal to investigate and decide. $60 sale so it's not a big deal but $ is $ and I don't know this guy but keep an open mind-%^$# happens. He closes the case(paypal) and the book sale money is freed up. I send him a message regarding this mess(lost book according to him) and basically tell him %$#@ happens so I refund him half the sale as he told me he was a CGC member and I would take him at his word that the book never made it to him. Lo and behold, he sends me a message that he added the book to his registry along w/a scan of said book and that if someone were to add it to their registry it would alert him. No s$%#, I removed the book from my set when I sold it. So here's where I'm at. The scan of the WH 59 he has(his registry) is the same book I sold him but it's been photo shopped w/no reg # or ped label AND it's a new SCAN! Now maybe I'm missing something and he got the scan from Ritter's site when all the Rosa books went up on eBay years back or I'm being screwed(ironic title)! Well that's all folks, hope I made enough sense in getting my message across to read some replies as the heat down here in miami can make me delirious at times. Have a great day peoples and thanks for reading!

the plot thickens...

My only regret today is that in two hours I am going out for the rest of the night and will miss the potential fireworks.

thehumantorch, zarduzi & buzzetta, thanks for the welcome. Hope to add some useful tidbits of comic collecting info in the near future and hope to see you all on the con circuit in Florida soon. Sad to say my 1st post on the boards was in response to an incident in which I believe I was taken advantage of by a fellow board member. This is unfortunate, but I believe an isolated incident. My knee jerk reaction is to expose this fool for all the boards and beyond to see so as not to suffer my loss. Hey, it's only $60, why cry right?! But wait, it's the principle of this deal. I went out of my way to refund 1/2 cost of the supposed loss to this esteemed board member because it's the right thing to do right? Right!? @#$% man, this tool outright conned me, took my refund to him and kept the book! Not only that, but he listed the book in his registry set, new scan and all! Sorry guys, little bothered by this.

I am an independent observer - nothing more

I am sitting here waiting to meet up with a few coworkers for drinks.

I am just a kid from Brooklyn looking to make it in this world and be amused along the way.