• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth it to slab?

6 posts in this topic

Trying to compile a list of my books I'd like to have slabbed, all would be my first submission. Also trying to figure out how the CGC fees work.

Got 3 books I'm not entirely sure are worth it or not.

ASM 17, 8.0.

ASM 18, 6.5.

ASM 19, 7.0/7.5.

Haven't pulled them out to check out the pages in awhile.

I'm relatively certain the 17 is slabworthy given its semi-importance and decent grade. But what about the others?

And what am I looking at paying? 17 has to go standard given its likely well over $250, yes? So $49. The others fall under $250, so, I have the option of going Economy? $29?

Thanks for the help. =)

I would send them all economy and have CGC bump them up in price if need be...that FMV thing is tricky and unless they are uber HIGH GRADE (9.4 and up)major silver or golden age keys you can get by with economy on the mid grades or lower hi-grades.

I would send them all economy and have CGC bump them up in price if need be.

This is the very thing I always wonder about.

Let say your book grades at a higher grade then expected. But you sent it in as ECONOMY. So what does CGC do? Does someone say lets give it the higher grade and bill you at a higher price? Do they call you to tell you you are going to pay more for the service cause of the higher grade? Or do they just give it a lower grade to avoid all the hassle? 893frustrated.gif

Think about things in reverse, if the book gets a lower grade, you get no money back from CGC. So economy is the way to go, of course you will get your book back when the Spidey frenzy is over.