• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead # 100 retailer variant

414 posts in this topic

My money's on someone at the printers.

Probably the closest/logical explanation since I'm sure once Skybound got their 500, the 10 were secured and accounted for whom given to.

i'll tell the guy who wins

That's a pretty messed up attitude seeing how on eBay you gave one of our collecting members a very short falling explanation but are now indirectly indicating by the quoted above you're holding back more information than what was asked of you about your item for sale.

Shame on you.

I expect better from someone with 100% feedback with over 200 transactions, but I guess you're more interested in making the money than being upfront and honest on your listing as to how you acquired what we understand as 1 of only 10 unsigned copies given directly to the Skybound staff.

If I cared for the money i'd list this as a "buy it now" with some outrageous price because eventually... someone would bite something close to that..

I could give you guys the answer, but I'd rather have people figure things out themselves.. the facts you need about me are right on my page, and the facts about any other entity that this issue could have passed through is a simple google search

If you collect comics these heroes should inspire you to figure out your own life mysteries... Dont let the messages from these writers get lost through an industry reliant on hype..

in summation

dont sell yourselves short and just admire batman.. BE BATMAN!

Well, at your invitation I did a little google digging. Unfortunately, all it lead me to was your 'man stain'. Jesus Christ, dude...

Kinda NSFW, definitely NSFL:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/24896-man-stain-on-jeans/

HAHAHAHA!!! I love that thread too... I'll let you in on a secret that I never told that board.. Its a troll thread

back in early 2000s Selvage dry denim was starting to blow up.. dry is how jeans used to be sold when jeans first came out .. its not preshrunk or prefaded.. you had to live through the jeans to get a distressed look.. people were getting into dry denim because the fades look more natural, it shows dedication and they can pretty much last forever..

but a commonality in this cult trend is to go 6 months minimum before washing your jeans.. and some people were being dumb about this silly rule and would post questions about minor things that would get on their jeans like food and whatnot.. it got kind of annoying so I thought of the most bizarre thing I could do and hopefully make people question the absurdness of being so anal about this guideline so I made that thread..

I still update that thread every few years to let people know how they turn out

Although its not real baby formula.. I think I used hand soap.. If you find a subreddit im in called nofap , its about people who don't knuckle shuffle and as a result get superhuman powers (it actually works!)

but nahh the only thing you NEED to know about me is right on my ebay listing

go google entities I COULD have gotten this from and decide where I couldnt have gotten this from

I just don't know why skybound just didn't have all of them slabbed after the signing and shipped slabbed.

Problem solved.

But they didn't.

Not really. Anyone can crack a slab. Not saying they would, but slabbing them wouldn't really change anything (shrug)

Of course it would. If CGC had slabbed and yellow labelled all the Kirkman signed copies, no raw copies would be eligible for SS without going through the regular channels (eg. going to a show and getting a Kirkman signature in front of a witness). It would have solved all the issues that we're discussing.

I just don't know why skybound just didn't have all of them slabbed after the signing and shipped slabbed.

Problem solved.

But they didn't.

Not really. Anyone can crack a slab. Not saying they would, but slabbing them wouldn't really change anything (shrug)

Of course it would. If CGC had slabbed and yellow labelled all the Kirkman signed copies, no raw copies would be eligible for SS without going through the regular channels (eg. going to a show and getting a Kirkman signature in front of a witness). It would have solved all the issues that we're discussing.

And mschmidt explained what I was thinking better than I did.

My money's on someone at the printers.

Probably the closest/logical explanation since I'm sure once Skybound got their 500, the 10 were secured and accounted for whom given to.

i'll tell the guy who wins

That's a pretty messed up attitude seeing how on eBay you gave one of our collecting members a very short falling explanation but are now indirectly indicating by the quoted above you're holding back more information than what was asked of you about your item for sale.

Shame on you.

I expect better from someone with 100% feedback with over 200 transactions, but I guess you're more interested in making the money than being upfront and honest on your listing as to how you acquired what we understand as 1 of only 10 unsigned copies given directly to the Skybound staff.

If I cared for the money i'd list this as a "buy it now" with some outrageous price because eventually... someone would bite something close to that..

I could give you guys the answer, but I'd rather have people figure things out themselves.. the facts you need about me are right on my page, and the facts about any other entity that this issue could have passed through is a simple google search

If you collect comics these heroes should inspire you to figure out your own life mysteries... Dont let the messages from these writers get lost through an industry reliant on hype..

in summation

dont sell yourselves short and just admire batman.. BE BATMAN!

Well, at your invitation I did a little google digging. Unfortunately, all it lead me to was your 'man stain'. Jesus Christ, dude...

Kinda NSFW, definitely NSFL:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/24896-man-stain-on-jeans/

HAHAHAHA!!! I love that thread too... I'll let you in on a secret that I never told that board.. Its a troll thread

back in early 2000s Selvage dry denim was starting to blow up.. dry is how jeans used to be sold when jeans first came out .. its not preshrunk or prefaded.. you had to live through the jeans to get a distressed look.. people were getting into dry denim because the fades look more natural, it shows dedication and they can pretty much last forever..

but a commonality in this cult trend is to go 6 months minimum before washing your jeans.. and some people were being dumb about this silly rule and would post questions about minor things that would get on their jeans like food and whatnot.. it got kind of annoying so I thought of the most bizarre thing I could do and hopefully make people question the absurdness of being so anal about this guideline so I made that thread..

I still update that thread every few years to let people know how they turn out

Although its not real baby formula.. I think I used hand soap.. If you find a subreddit im in called nofap , its about people who don't knuckle shuffle and as a result get superhuman powers (it actually works!)

but nahh the only thing you NEED to know about me is right on my ebay listing

go google entities I COULD have gotten this from and decide where I couldnt have gotten this from

A likely story ;)

Problem solved.

But they didn't.

My response was to Deaf who said skybound should have had the unsigned copies slabbed, he didn't say that Image should have had all the signed copies slabbed.

2 different things.

Problem solved.

But they didn't.

My response was to Deaf who said skybound should have had the unsigned copies slabbed, he didn't say that Image should have had all the signed copies slabbed.

2 different things.

I wasn't specific, that is on me, but the discussion regards the signed copies. So yes it does change everything if the signed copies were slabbed upfront.

If anyone is keeping track at home, there were 3 at FanExpo this weekend. All were 9.4's and perhaps 9.6 with a press. Two were priced at $500 and the third at $675' by Sunday the third one was priced at $500 and last I saw, all three went home with the sellers.

Jim

So I'm understanding that this signing sets a new precedence. The Signature Series program no longer requires chain of custody directly following a signing. We can get books witnessed at a con and carry it ourselves for additional signatures at later dates.

...or were the rules bent just for this one?

This newer magical book that you want to get signed, witnessed and then walk away with to break the chain of custody, will you be happening to also control every single copy that was printed and make sure every single copy was also signed and witnessed? If the answer is yes then sure, if the answer is you are grabbing a random book to get signed of which hundreds or thousands of other copies are out there unsigned then you are not even in the same ballpark in your comparision or complaint.

How about if there are 10 unsigned copies out there?

Which are slabbed and accounted for are they not? Now if some unsigned, unslabbed copies start popping up then yes we have an issue.

So would it be safe to say that we have an issue yet?

So I'm understanding that this signing sets a new precedence. The Signature Series program no longer requires chain of custody directly following a signing. We can get books witnessed at a con and carry it ourselves for additional signatures at later dates.

...or were the rules bent just for this one?

This newer magical book that you want to get signed, witnessed and then walk away with to break the chain of custody, will you be happening to also control every single copy that was printed and make sure every single copy was also signed and witnessed? If the answer is yes then sure, if the answer is you are grabbing a random book to get signed of which hundreds or thousands of other copies are out there unsigned then you are not even in the same ballpark in your comparision or complaint.

How about if there are 10 unsigned copies out there?

Which are slabbed and accounted for are they not? Now if some unsigned, unslabbed copies start popping up then yes we have an issue.

So would it be safe to say that we have an issue yet?

OfficerBarbrady.gif

Hey guys,

Due to the unexpected surfacing of unsigned copies of Walking Dead #100 Lucille Variant, and the Signature Series policy conflicts that have arisen due to them, we are putting a time limit on their eligibility for CGC's Signature Series designation. This was supposed to be a good thing for the fans, to add on top of an already cool book given out to retailers as a "thank you" by Image/Skybound, not to cause problems like it has. Nothing but good intentions were behind this original offer, so we're trying to salvage what we can with what was witnessed.

We will be making a post-marked deadline of 9/14/12 in order for the copies to still be eligible for SS, they must be received by the mail carrier on or before that date. Any books received after will get a Qualified label. There will be no exceptions. Any questions, please feel free to call or email Mike Balent. Thanks.