• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any idea why my Avengers 4 says reprint on the CGC label?

35 posts in this topic

Do you mean the book was pressed into a lower grade?

Apparently that's what he's saying.

I just had a 9.4 book get pressed and come back as a 9.2 then resubbed again without another press the next day only to come back as a 9.6. So apparently the pressing took a couple days to really settle in...

(Unfortunately it wasn't an Avengers 1, however.)

The words krapshoot come to mind. doh!

Yeah, thats annoying!

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you dont have my incredible shrinking Avengers 4! Started as a 9.2, on a resub last year dropped to 9.0 and i just found out to day that resub #2 netted me a , wait for it.........., wait for it........... 8.5!!! meh

Yay for me!!! :eyeroll:

Oooooooooo NOOOOOOOOO. See you in about three months? (shrug)lol

lol

Sorry to hear you have to go through the hassle of the re-holder process.

BTW, what is a CGC 9.2 Avengers 4 going for these days?

Sorry, I don't subscribe to GPA and I don't buy enough slabs to really justify

signing up and paying George's small fee. :blush:

Yeah, thats annoying!

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you dont have my incredible shrinking Avengers 4! Started as a 9.2, on a resub last year dropped to 9.0 and i just found out to day that resub #2 netted me a , wait for it.........., wait for it........... 8.5!!! meh

That is not good. So unlucky :sorry:

Yeah, thats annoying!

:o Did you already pancake the thing?

Oh yeah! like this... :makepoint:

Apparently, that just amplified a back cover fault that each time, they choose to hammer harder and harder from what they told me. I might try for a 8.0 next year! hm

lol

Pressing a book can lose you money. Who would have thunk it?

Speaking impersonally, there is a kind of poetic irony/justice in there somewhere. (Nothing to do with Sufunk, just a general observation).

I just had a 9.4 book get pressed and come back as a 9.2 then resubbed again without another press the next day only to come back as a 9.6. So apparently the pressing took a couple days to really settle in...

This is a scary story. One can interpret that the press didn't matter much, it's just a crapshoot anyway.

This is a scary story. One can interpret that the press didn't matter much, it's just a crapshoot anyway.

You better believe it.

I once had a gorgeous 9.2. I thought it was undergraded. I cracked it and sold it as a potential 9.4 because I believe I can grade.

I told the buyer what was what.

He submitted it with nothing done to the book at all.

Came back a 9.6.

He made a pile of $$$.

mess happens :eek:

You better believe it.

I once had a gorgeous 9.2. I thought it was undergraded. I cracked it and sold it as a potential 9.4 because I believe I can grade.

I told the buyer what was what.

He submitted it with nothing done to the book at all.

Came back a 9.6.

He made a pile of $$$.

mess happens :eek:

I've had 9.8s that look like 9.4s and 9.2s that looked like 9.8s. I particularly think that the difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8 is a coinflip most times.