• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 2 Review Here

15 posts in this topic

Nice review Arnold. Very nice.

I also felt the same about the two X-men movies.....where the first was hampered by the need to "set up" the storyline, introduce the characters.....

The second X-Men launched right into action and never looked back. A much better film.

Perhaps that is an unavoidable pattern.

Nope, I didn't say I don't like the first one. In fact I do like it quite a bit, it's a wonderful superhero movie and I've seen it lots of times. What I'm saying is that I felt emotionally detached from it, like I was watching the movie from somewhere else. That was just my bizarre reaction to finally seeing a live-action feature film version of a character that meant so much to me as a kid. It wasn't until *this* one that I felt the full emotional impact. Just the way it worked for me.

Arnold

Just saw it last night with my wife and 27_laughing.gif, she started crying during one of the scenes. Man am I gonna have fun telling our kids about this one. Anyways, excellent movie. Wierd for me is that the only thing that bothered me about it was that it reminded me how awful hulk 1 was and how much more could have been done for that movie. frown.gif. Anyways, cant wait for the video game to come out

Spiderman 2 far exceeds the first movie. There is nothing blasphemous about saying that. Now that I've seen it, I've been watched the 2nd preview several times ( I only watched it once when it first debuted several months ago). One of the things that strikes me is that this film might have the best Cinematography I have seen since Jan de Bont with Die Hard and Hunt for Red October . It is nearly flawless.

The best true to life Super-Hero film to date.The first film was the genesis of the hero,the second is the coming to terms within the heros own understanding of his place in the world.Now Raimi can open the flood gates with the third movie with greater and more action to come.4 stars out of 5 **** thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif