• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 8-11, 2013

482 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard from " The Watcher"? He seems to have disappeared.

I talk to Angelo occasionally, but he's not on the boards much :(

Is anything wrong? He lives about an hour from me and seems to have fallen off the earth.

hm:hi:

:(

FU, Po :luhv:

:wishluck:

:hi:

K

Sushi night? (shrug):wishluck:

I'm game. Let me know what night is best for you (thumbs u

Can anyone tell me where they booked a room and for how much?

Last con I went to, someone totally hooked me up with their priceline info and I got the same place for the same price as them. it was a great hotel.

+1.

Is anything wrong? He lives about an hour from me and seems to have fallen off the earth.

K

Thursday night sushi, anyobody? There's some decent places not to far from the hotel. Or if you really want to splurge, it's hard to beat Japonais downtown. (thumbs u

K

Thursday night sushi, anyobody? There's some decent places not to far from the hotel. Or if you really want to splurge, it's hard to beat Japonais downtown. (thumbs u

Are you guys going to have some real sushi or is it rolls r' us again? :baiting:

K

Are you guys going to have some real sushi or is it rolls r' us again? :baiting:

There's a 7 Eleven down on River Road that has Sushi. :baiting: Come on, where's that acronym.

The Japanese would be preferable.

Would you like the Turks to own the Greek restaurants in town?

Also, how come all your sushi restaurants are run by Koreans?

They can't all be Tojo's.... :sumo:

There's a lot of truth to that though. Even the place across from my office, which serves excellent nigiri and sashimi, is owned by a Korean couple. :tonofbricks:

Of course, the most famous Mexican restaurant in America (and possibly the world), Frontera Grill/Topolobampo, is owned and run by American super-star chef Rick Bayless... (shrug)

You should not let your personal prejudices affect your enjoyment of delicious sushi.

You should not let your personal prejudices affect your enjoyment of delicious sushi.

He only lets it affect his enjoyment of mediocre sushi.

Here's the list for the Thurs night sushi dinner so far:

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Anyone that wishes to have some wonderful sushi, talk comics, and be in the presence of His Gregness is welcome to join us. Either post in this thread or PM me and I'll add you to the list (thumbs u

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Anyone that wishes to have some wonderful sushi, talk comics, and be in the presence of His Gregness is welcome to join us. Either post in this thread or PM me and I'll add you to the list (thumbs u

What street is this place on. I maybe around, just maybe.

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Ang,

I will be a game time decision over the next couple of weeks. But if I can't be there, tip out a little saki for the Fingh.

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

What street is this place on. I maybe around, just maybe.

Not sure yet, Tim, but we're shooting for somewhere not too far from the con

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Ang,

I will be a game time decision over the next couple of weeks. But if I can't be there, tip out a little saki for the Fingh.

If you can't make it, Sean, we'll down copious amount of saki while in the missing man formation in your honor (thumbs u

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Ang,

If you can't make it, Sean, we'll down copious amount of saki while in the missing man formation in your honor (thumbs u

:headbang: