• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 8-11, 2013

482 posts in this topic

Hotel and ticket purchased. This will be my first all day every day convention. I look forward to seeing everyone (again). :banana:

p.s. 600th Post :ohnoez:

The hotel prices are rape...

I got mine here. It connects to the parking garage which connects to the convention center. So if it rains you'll stay dry the whole time.

What kills me are the fees and taxes afterwards. I could be wrong but Chicago seems higher than most places I've ever stayed.

Hotel and ticket purchased. This will be my first all day every day convention. I look forward to seeing everyone (again). :banana:

p.s. 600th Post :ohnoez:

The hotel prices are rape...

I got mine here. It connects to the parking garage which connects to the convention center. So if it rains you'll stay dry the whole time.

What kills me are the fees and taxes afterwards. I could be wrong but Chicago seems higher than most places I've ever stayed.

It is. You get hit with state, county and city taxes. :screwy:

Ugh. I went with the cheapo Priceline option and it stuck me at the airport Hilton for 2 nights. It was only $68 a night but its still going to be a pain due to parking cost. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so cheap. Where is everyone else staying? The hotel by the convention center was sold out.

There is a train that runs right near the convention center, so you might check to see if you can take public transportation. I wish I could help with the number, etc, but I'd be willing to bet it won't be that tough to figure out if you want to go that route.

Additionally, the commuter lot for that train is only about 3-4 blocks from the convention center and is quite reasonable for parking. We've always parked there when heading to the show.

There is a train that runs right near the convention center, so you might check to see if you can take public transportation. I wish I could help with the number, etc, but I'd be willing to bet it won't be that tough to figure out if you want to go that route.

Additionally, the commuter lot for that train is only about 3-4 blocks from the convention center and is quite reasonable for parking. We've always parked there when heading to the show.

Thanks. That is actually what I was thinking of doing since parking at the airport is big bucks. Park over at the convention center and then take the train back to the hotel to check in on Friday. Then use the train back and forth to the show on Saturday and then use public transportation to go see Chicago on Sunday.

I'm only going for the experience on Saturday so I'm actually expecting to not get any comics this time. I'd think the best books will be bought on Thursday and Friday which will leave the over-priced show books available on Saturday. I can't imagine finding too many overlooked gems at the show but it will be fun to see how people set up booths and see actual show prices. Now I've got to decide if I want to have Amanda paint my face for the event. I don't think I want to put the time into a full costume so I'll probably not elect to go with just face painting. Here are a couple options I could go with:

Hulk.jpg

Zombie.jpg

Devil.jpg

DemonChest.jpg

Wolverine.jpg

The first time I went to chicago as a small town hillbilly the idea of paying for parking blew my mind. I'm taking Amtrak from Indy. Heck $50 round trip, Ida spent that just in gas let alone parking.

Updated list for the Thurs night sushi dinner so far:

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Doc Joe

seanfingh (tentatively)

Dr.X (tentatively)

Anyone that wishes to have some wonderful sushi, talk comics, and be in the presence of His Gregness is welcome to join us. Either post in this thread or PM me and I'll add you to the list (thumbs u

I'm 40/30/28/2 in for this. Seeing greggy ridicule that many people at once should be amusing.

Is the steak dinner going to be put together during the con on Friday? Amanda and I would love to come hang out and grab some good food.

Updated list for the Thurs night sushi dinner so far:

Sharkey

TheWatcher

greggy

Logan510 & Mrs. Logan510

Doc Joe

electricprune

seanfingh (tentatively)

Dr.X (tentatively)

Looks like a good group. Guess I should go...

Doesn't look like the Forum Dinner is happening this year

I thought you were in charge of it...

I'm organizing the Thursday night sushi dinner (thumbs u I don't have the patience to put together the Forum Dinner (tsk)