• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future of the Comic Market - A long term overview

30 posts in this topic

For the record I'm not "Marvelous". Who was Marvelous?

A drooling person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point that would answer "Oh yeah, so why don't you sell me your Key issues at 50% off Guide" everytime anyone disagreed with him.

I'll give you 51%! sumo.giflaugh.gif

As the economy inproves and some of us displaced 40 ish workers go back to work, Silver Age will continue to climb. Speaking for myself I have returned to comic book collecting after 30 years and have been buying CGC TOS for the past 3 years. I will now start submitting my unread copies to NCG.The market will only go up, but like any market it will have the occasional market correction.

Conspiracy theorist may now move along to the next shill hunt 893blahblah.gif

Then he's cloned Marvelous, as this statement is almost word-for-word straight from the banned one's mouth:

"If you think the markets going to crash and burn I'll buy some of your key marvels for 50% of OS and save you the pain of watching them go down in flames."

Ask around, Marvelous has stated this to EVERYONE who disagreed with his "comic prices will rise foreeeeveeeer!!" predictions. Shadroch even offered to send him a few longboxes.

Lets see:

Mavelous,when confronted with being MMMarvel replied something to the effect of -never met him but he sounds like a fabulous guy.

Marvelous and MMMarvel both used quotes from Captain America

Marvelous did use just about the same thing when he offered to buy SA at 50% off.Of course he ran like a lil gurly when I offered to take him up on it.

Could be all a big coincidence,I suppose.

Time will tell.

Marvelous did use just about the same thing when he offered to buy SA at 50% off.Of course he ran like a lil gurly when I offered to take him up on it.

What kind of books did you offer to sell him at 50% off guide?

Why? Got some stained dresses sitting around?(li'l inside joke for the Marvelous fans out there)

I'm not saying who you are or aren't,simply noting that I saw the same things JC saw and have noted the coincidence.

As I said,time will tell. I hope you turn out to be a respected contributing member of the forum,The anti-marvelous,so to speak.

I offered to let Marv come to my warehouse and choose his own books. I don't really recall all the details except that he kept evading,wanting the books shipped to a third party,then he wanted them CGC'd ect,ect. Go back and read some of his last fifty or so posts,the devil is in the details.