• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The High Voltage Grail Sale - Spidey Slabs round 4, #62 down (9.0 or better)

266 posts in this topic

GrailSaleart.jpg

Welcome. Thank you for putting an eyeball on my sales thread.

PREAMBLE: (skip if you hate words & wanna go right to books)

As you all know, the CGC boards is a pretty special place. Thanks to a fellow boardie, I have an opportunity at a personal grail. I had hoped I would have a chance at this particular item the moment I saw it. I feel lucky to have this opportunity.

It seems like we always remember the books/art/creator-meetings that got away from us (why-oh-why didn’t I just pony up $2,450 for that sweet Ditko page from Spidey #19 when I had the chance?). I’ve had more than one awesome comic-related item get away - but not this time.

Over the next several weeks (maybe a month, possibly two), I’ll be offering up some books from my collection to purchase this grail. My goal is to provide nice books at decent prices and provide the best customer service I can offer. Some books I’ll have some flexibility on - others not as much. I’m always open to offers, which is why I’ll list prices as ‘asking prices.’ Books will rotate in & then out, probably on a weekly-ish basis (after all, I do have a deadline to meet). Once they rotate out, they’ll be offered for sale somewhere else.

THE PROCESS: The first unqualified :takeit: within the sales thread or by PM is the winner. I am certainly open to offers on books, but if someone bangs the :takeit: before I can get back to you, they will win the item. If more than one PM offer comes in on the same item(s), I will answer PMs in order received.

MY REP/aka: who the heck am I: Well - I think I have a good rep on the boards. I’ve bought & sold books here, from time-to-time, for about 8 years. I think most old-timers would vouch for me if there is any hesitancy. I try to grade raw books in accordance to Overstreet’s Grading Guides & yearly price guide & I have around 300 slabs that I also use as helpful references.

Back to CUSTOMER SERVICE: If you are unhappy with the book(s) or transaction, let me know - I’ll do my best to make it right. I will take returns - raw & CGC’d within 2 weeks. If you submit a book & it comes back restored, I will take a return within 3 months from purchase (slabbing fee not refundable).

No book in this sales thread has been pressed while in my possession - or prior to my owning the book (to my knowledge).

Above all, I want this to be a great experience for everyone. If you are on the probabtion thread/hall of shame - just don’t bother, ok? I have a printout of the current list & your bid will not be valid.

SHIPPING: I will ship anywhere. Outside the USA, you will pay exact postage based upon your location. Within the USA, everything is shipped priority mail. Why no media mail? Because my local P.O. has told me that comics don’t fit into that catagory (and yes, I know that fluctuates throughout the country). I have no desire to argue with them, so priority mail it is. Everything has to be insured. I can ship via a box or bubble-wrap envelope with lots of cardboard for raw books. CGC’d books will all be boxed.

1-5 raw books via bubble-wrap mailer+cardboard: $7.95 (USA)

6-15 raw books via priority flat rate medium box: $11.35 (USA)

(16+ raw books will be boxed & price would vary on total books)

1-2 CGC slabs via priority flat rate medium bod: $11.35 (USA)

(3 or more CGC slabs will be boxed & price would vary on total slabs)

PAYMENT: Money orders and checks are great. PayPal is fine. If we have not done business in the past, a personal check will have to clear before books are sent.

I hope that covers everything. If not, let me know. If the shipping charges are way out-of-whack, let me know - I’ll do my best to work with you.

Finally - when I have the grail in-hand, I’ll post a scan of it & I’ll share what I know about its history. I feel like a kid again, just thinking about it.

th_SOLD.jpg

Speaking of guys with one eye...

Strange Tales #167 CGC 9.0 off-white pages (old label)

one sale at $68 this year on GPA, but that seems like a low outlier. Consistent sales at $100 or better from 2005 to 2011.

Asking Price: $95 BOOK HAS SOLD! :applause:

th_SOLD.jpg

Sgt. Fury #1

Grade: VG (4.0)

Asking: $485 SOLD VIA PM!!! (worship)

Notes:

• 3/16" tear, open edge, front cover (purple box)

• Front Cover, lower right - 7/16" diagonal chip out. Goes 4 pages in, but gets smaller each page

• Front Cover, lower right - two 1-1/2" diagonal, hairline creases

• Back Cover, lower left - 1/4" x 3/16" chip out

• Back Cover, lower left corner - 1/4" x 1/8" diagonal chip out. Goes in 1 page

• Very good color strike & gloss. Good centering.

• Excellent staples & centerfold. Pages cream to off-white.

Buy from my buddy Jeff or be square!!!

Jeff is truly a top notch guy....who did not know I was going to post this, but I want to see him reach his goal. Feel safe in the fact that he is the real deal.

Good luck brother!

th_SOLD.jpg

Sgt. Fury #5 (first Baron Strucker)

Grade: F+ (6.5)

Asking: $85 SOLD VIA PM! :banana:

Notes:

• Book appears to have moisture wrinkling on front & back cover near spine (see back cover scan), however there is no evidence of any staining on the covers or rippling on interior pages. I don't believe these are moisture defects.

• Pages are very supple & staples are snug, bright & shiny (no evidence of rust)

• Nice color strike & gloss

• Light, 1/2" non color-breaking bend, LLC, back cover

Buy from my buddy Jeff or be square!!!

Jeff is truly a top notch guy....who did not know I was going to post this, but I want to see him reach his goal. Feel safe in the fact that he is the real deal.

Good luck brother!

Thank you, Scott!! (worship)

th_SOLD.jpg

Flash #125 (first 12-center, I believe - 1961)

Grade: VF- (7.5)

Asking: $95 SOLD VIA PM! :headbang:

Notes:

• Really good color strike & gloss

• Nicely centered with perfect staples & centerfold

• Light overall edge-wear. Small abrasion, top edge, FC

• Tiny pen-tip-like impression, 3/16" long, lower right cover (light yellow area)

• Pages so supple you could play ping pong with the book & defeat the Chinese gold medal Olympic team (not recommended)

th_SOLD.jpg

Brave & Bold #93 (Neal Adams cover & art)

Very nice copy with Neal at the very height of his artistic powers!

Grade: NM-

Asking: $150 SOLD VIA PM! :banana:

Notes:

• Signed in silver ink by Neal Adams, LRC of cover (I obtained sig this year)

• One hairline spine tick, top of bottom staple (1/8")

• 3 tiny non color-breaking spine stresses (each maybe 1/16")

• Upper-left corner slightly soft/abraided

• Very light 1/4" rub/abrasion on spine, center

• Excellent color & gloss. Staples perfectly snug.

• Purchased from Bob Storms several years ago

BraveBold93F.jpg

BraveBold93X.jpg

Asking: $150

Notes:

:cry:

BraveBold93F.jpg

BraveBold93X.jpg

Asking: $150

Notes:

:cry:

lol Ah - Bill - I'm sorry! You know, of all the comic creators I enjoy, Neal's signature is probably one of the best, IMHO. That's why I did it! :sorry:

How about anything Ant-Man? :)

For sure no Silver Age. I can check for Marvel Feature & Premiere if you have interest in those (and any grade-range you are looking for?). Thanks for the question.

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm interested in Feature #4 and Premiere # 47 VF or better, preferably 9.4+

For sure no Silver Age. I can check for Marvel Feature & Premiere if you have interest in those (and any grade-range you are looking for?). Thanks for the question.

I'll see what I can turn up. I might not be able to get scans together by tomorrow, but I can at least let you know what I have. (thumbs u

I'll see what I can turn up. I might not be able to get scans together by tomorrow, but I can at least let you know what I have. (thumbs u

Thanks! Please send me a PM so I don't forget to re-check this thread tomorrow.

Thanks! Please send me a PM so I don't forget to re-check this thread tomorrow.

(thumbs u

More books will go up tomorrow evening. Most of these will be Neal Adams books (some raw & some slabbed), but all nice.

Thank you all for the PMs & inquiries. I do have a set list of books I want to sell, but I'm willing to deviate from that if I can find you something. I'll admit I'm lighter on DC (especially Silver Age), but it doesn't hurt to ask & I'm happy to look - the comic room is right next door.