• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

possible Spiderman 1 back cover variant?

69 posts in this topic

I just pulled my ASM1 Depending on how I tilt it I can make it look black or blue. Just saying. Maybe it has something to do with the lighting and the way it hits the slab in my case but I can make it look black.

My back cover says H-655 btw

The Seller just sent me 4 more pics of the back cover and verified it is blue. He said it was just a bad photo. I am safe.

I don't usually buy PGX but I thought it looked pretty decent in the auction. I bid an amount I was comfortable with and ended up winning. It has a small crease on the back cover but I see it as a 5.0 at least.

I love this line from the auction and am totally going to use it in my next eBay listing:

"This will be an investment that you will enjoy day after day. (not like boring stocks, bonds and corn)"

Damn that boring corn!

I love this line from the auction and am totally going to use it in my next eBay listing:

"This will be an investment that you will enjoy day after day. (not like boring stocks, bonds and corn)"

Damn that boring corn!

Great line. Certainly going to use it in my emails going forward!

Your next concern should be this black line that runs along the spine of the book.

The top corner appears to have artwork/ink rubbed away but somehow that black line stayed intact.

asm.jpg

Your next concern should be this black line that runs along the spine of the book.

The top corner appears to have artwork/ink rubbed away but somehow that black line stayed intact.

asm.jpg

Yikes! :eek:

I'm sure PGX did a thorough resto check no??? :facepalm:

asm.jpg

I get my 20x jewelers loupe out and look at the spines of every comic I buy. I'm pretty good at detecting shenanigans now.

asm.jpg

I get my 20x jewelers loupe out and look at the spines of every comic I buy. I'm pretty good at detecting shenanigans now.

How well does the jewelers loop work when looking at a photo on the internet?

Also, does the seller accept returns?

Good luck! :wishluck:

That top part of the black line does look more than suspect. The fact that theres also black fingerprints right around there worries me even more :eek:

Just make sure you are 100% covered if you are going thru with this purchase!

I have found with ebay, that even if a seller states that they have a "no return" policy, if you find something wrong (like a color touch on a comic that is represented to have none) that ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer.

If a comic is misrepresented then of course you should be able to get your $ back.

IF it turns out that there is a color touch and IF ebay does not let me return it, then I will have 100% learned my lesson to NEVER buy PGX again!!!!

Doesn't anyone on the boards here EVER take a chance on PGX books??? Am I the only one?

Doesn't anyone on the boards here EVER take a chance on PGX books???

No.

Am I the only one?

You're in the minority.

I have found with ebay, that even if a seller states that they have a "no return" policy, if you find something wrong (like a color touch on a comic that is represented to have none) that ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer.

If a comic is misrepresented then of course you should be able to get your $ back.

So you're admitting that you know that PGX has a problem with quality control and you're still going to stick this to the seller?

In this case the seller is not misrepresenting the comic, he's selling a comic that was authenticated by a 3rd party and you are accepting that opinion. What's more important, you are accepting the opinion of a company that you know to be unreliable most of the time.

Personally, I think it's unethical to ask for your money back just because you're not going to make a killing on this book.

IF it turns out that there is a color touch and IF ebay does not let me return it, then I will have 100% learned my lesson to NEVER buy PGX again!!!!

Doesn't anyone on the boards here EVER take a chance on PGX books??? Am I the only one?

I own three or four PGX books, but if I spent $200 on all of them combined, I'd be surprised.

Last nite I bid on a PGX book - TOS 50 in 5.0. I bought a CGC 5.0 last month on these boards for around $250. My hi bid on the PGX book was $101 and I believe it sold for around $110.

I'm a risk taker, but paying more than a couple hundred dollars for a PGX slab is too much of a risk for me.

Hope it works out for you.

Now that you guys have me all paranoid.... I went back to the auction and blew up the corner photo even more and cropped it tighter.

T2eC16VUE9s3wCPCBQIdyN6360_57JPG.jpg

I think I am ok with the way it looks but I will certainly be checking it out closely. To me, if they were going to create a black line they would have created more of it wouldn't they?

But then I started studying the rest of the photos closer and I saw this one. Kind of looks like a green color touch on the crease.

KGrHqFo8FYCD3ssIBQIdzTMSbw60_57JPG.jpg

You know, these are not the best photos. The seller even sent me new photos of the back cover that at the beginning of this thread I thought had a black background.