• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller Setting Up at Baltimore Comic Con

29 posts in this topic

Folks, with Baltimore about 3 weeks away, thought I'd announce that I will have a modest set up. I've been pricing books and instead of (or maybe in advance of) this year's Holiday thread, i will be offering many low, mid, high grade and ultra high grade raw books at this show. In addition, I will have several slabs to sell... probably about 4 boxes worth and a number of raw boxes -- or as many as I can get done in time for the show.

There's a ton of nice raw stuff up of "wall book" quality that I'll be bringing as well. I hope to get a lot done and most will be organized in each box by title and number, but I won't have time to merge all the inventory together.

I'll have mostly silver and bronze with a little modern (maybe even a Gold piece or two). Prices should (hopefully) be very nice and there will be lots of gems in the boxes.

I'll be set up with Zapp Comics who will also be bringing some awesome inventory. Ben is one of the best and will have some cool stuff for the show too.

Look forward to seeing people at the show!

Stuck behind a booth :o

You sure you want to give other people a chance to go around finding the books that you would be usually finding with your keen eye :baiting:

Just kidding! Hope you have fun and make a ton of money!!!!!

When do we line up to pick a card :taptaptap:

You are too late. The eight of us that were allowed, already picked our cards.

I'm #2 :banana:

You're number two. Now that's karma... or irony. lol ... :baiting:

Both! :blush:

lol

I have my booth assignment! I'll be set up with Zapp Comics at 1306/1307

Unfortunately, processing books ain't easy, especially with a day job. Regardless, i think I'll have a really nice box of moderns (3 NM 98s + a slabbed 9.8, 3 copies of Thief of Thieves 1, nice early valiants, ASM 300 etc.)

I'll also have fresh, never picked through boxes of SA/BA, some random Gold (including a very attractive Action 71). Lots of high grade but also some mid and lower grade mixed in. I'll also have at least one box of '5 and 10s' specially discounted books priced at either $5 or $10.

The downside is, while everything is priced, it may not be organized alphabetically and you'll have to dig. I just didn't have the time. There's probably 4 slab boxes and those should be organized.

If you are a board member, you will get some discounting. The more you buy, the more you save. Prices -- especially for the box stock -- will be priced well already and added incentives for boardies.

I decided on no early looks so it's fair for everyone. Meaning at a certain time on Friday I'll open it up and people can come by and have at it. Everyone will get a fair shot if they are there.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

I hope to have everything loaded in to look at by 3 PM. I don't think there will be an overwhelming amount to look at but I will have:

5 boxes of CGC material including:

JIM 112 CGC 9.2

Tec 359 CGC 9.2

Batman 227 CGC 8.5

ASM 122 CGC 9.6

ASM 121 CGC 9.2

TOS 48 CGC 8.5

Action 252 CGC 8.0

FF 4 CGC 8.5

FF 17 CGC 9.2

DD 131 CGC 9.8

TOS 52 CGC 9.2 twin cities

Books from the Oregon collection...

and lots more slabs...

Raws including Action 242 in nice mid grade, Avengers 4, Hulk 181 high grade, high grade spideys, box of discount low grade spiders, 10 or so boxes of high grade stuff still raw.

2 boxes of moderns as well including Y: the last man 1-12, some walking deads, valiant #1s (1991), ASM 300, ASM 194, Thief of Thieves 1s, Hulk 271s, multiple NM 98s etc.

Hi everyone. I like boys. I also like bears and i don't mean the animals.

Well there goes the weekend.

My co-worker posted that when I was away from my desk. :sorry:

Hi everyone. I like boys. I also like bears and i don't mean the animals.

Well there goes the weekend.

My co-worker posted that when I was away from my desk. :sorry:

You have a job?? :o

Barely