• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So it's starting to look like the Marvel Civil War could be a future film

21 posts in this topic

I've been reading about the rights of Daredevil coming back to Marvel:

http://www.newsarama.com/film/marvel-fox-character-swap-galactus-daredevil.html

and in that article it also mentions that that the Punisher and Blade have gone back to Marvel-

Update 4, Aug. 15: Daredevil back to Marvel looks like it's going to happen. All three major Hollywood trades have now weighed in on the story, with the Hollywood Reporter adding that Marvel had extended Fox's deadline to mount a Daredevil production two previous times but repotedly has refused to extend the deadline a third time, going so far to say the rights wil revert back to Marvel Studios this week.

If the rights revert, it'll be the latest property Disney/Marvel has recovered since Disney acquired the company. They've gotten The Punisher back from Lionsgate and Blade back from New Line.

I think with these developments, along with the future Marvel movies slated to come out over the next 5 years or so, I think we can hope to see Civil War realized in film at some point.

They don't need all the characters to revert back to Marvel to do a Civil War film.

They haven't really done a single movie except maybe Watchmen that follows the comic closely in story or characters. There's no reason to believe they'd do it with this story arc.

If they make a Civil War film it's going to star whoever Marvel wants to star in it at the time of filming.

Civil war is what got me back into comics. I was visiting a friend working in a LCS and thought the books looked awesome. Since then I have given up moderns for the most part to focus on silver age, but I still remember the ark fondly.

There where issues, and the story started to wane at the end, but the first couple issues where golden. And I know Mcniven isn't for everyone but I loved his art in these books.

I could see a civil war movie, but not very far down the road, and it probably wont include everyone, even if all rights revert back.

A Marvel Civil War movie would be AWESOME beyond words! :wishluck:

Really? I couldn't stand it. I've never wanted to throw away comics until I started reading this Joe Q drek of an arc.

Really??? Wow!

That was one of the 1st modern stories i read recently and i couldnt put it down. I was sprinting to my LCS to shell out $40 for the next hardcover edition as fast as i could get there. I thought it was better than WW Hulk and freaking awesome! (shrug)

Really? I couldn't stand it. I've never wanted to throw away comics until I started reading this Joe Q drek of an arc.

Yea I agree. I'm so done with the super heroes vs super heroes story lines.

They don't need all the characters to revert back to Marvel to do a Civil War film.

They haven't really done a single movie except maybe Watchmen that follows the comic closely in story or characters. There's no reason to believe they'd do it with this story arc.

If they make a Civil War film it's going to star whoever Marvel wants to star in it at the time of filming.

I think Spidey unmasking was one of the best elements of the story. Then having him switch sides was decent. Not having him unmask just takes away from the entire plot for me. They would need Spider-Man and Marvel doesn't have him.

Really??? Wow!

That was one of the 1st modern stories i read recently and i couldnt put it down. I was sprinting to my LCS to shell out $40 for the next hardcover edition as fast as i could get there. I thought it was better than WW Hulk and freaking awesome! (shrug)

It was an assault on the use of word bubbles, typical Bendis drivel with the usual flat ending. "Everything changes after this", oh please give me a break. At least WW Hulk had action in it. I just reread Thor #80-85, now that was a great arc.

"Civil War" was drek, and they retconned the only gutsy (if stupid) plot development, so it might as well never have happened.

Even if you like Civil War, though, it doesn't make much sense as a feature film since it relies so much on being immersed in the Marvel Universe. I don't see the concept having much appeal to the general public, and the last thing we need is a movie stuffed to the gills with dozens of heroes each vying for a couple seconds of screen time.

I loved Civil War and it was the main reason I got back into comics. The premise was genius and it triggered a bunch of action that otherwise would never have been touched. It split the hero community in two and made one group hunt down the other, Nick Fury went underground, Spider-Man identity was revealed, Black Goliath dies and was buried where he laid....just so much in terms of interesting stories and twists.

I've always wondered how the story line would translate to a movie - they'd have to isolate a couple of stories and focus on them, which may water down the whole concept...or make for sequels.

Here's hoping that they make it!

The movie would probably be good for the cinema going public but for a collector who is invested in the storyline, no. Is it just me or are these mis-mash storyline films dross for enthusiasts, I hated the X-Men films because at the time I was heavily into X-Men and couldn't bear the way they blithly pieced together timelines, universes and teams, however I liked the 'Avengers 'because I had never read an Avengers story.

So if you really like the storyline you'd better hope they don't make it or else Red-Skull will probably be masquerading as Iron Man, Harvey Keitel will play Black Goliath and Captain America will come out to the world...

The movie would probably be good for the cinema going public but for a collector who is invested in the storyline, no. Is it just me or are these mis-mash storyline films dross for enthusiasts, I hated the X-Men films because at the time I was heavily into X-Men and couldn't bear the way they blithly pieced together timelines, universes and teams, however I liked the 'Avengers 'because I had never read an Avengers story.

So if you really like the storyline you'd better hope they don't make it or else Red-Skull will probably be masquerading as Iron Man, Harvey Keitel will play Black Goliath and Captain America will come out to the world...

Hey there, long time no see, mate. :hi:

Hey there, long time no see, mate. :hi:

Hi gaz, how are you? I've recently been talking to your mate Brian - nice guy, I asked him to say hi from me. Decided to dedicate more time to comics, so I'll be around a bit more... :hi:

I would die to see them pull off a successful Civil War movie as it was also what got me into comics other than Archie. I'm not sure how it would be done though, as they'd NEED rights to Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four (both of which are probably not going to happen anytime soon).

I think the hook of the Marvel Civil War film would be seeing the Avengers split down the middle, with various Marvel heroes (from their respective films) taking sides.

Obviously it wouldn't translate perfectly into a feature film (what story arc ever does?), but I think if it can be focused on the idea of registration for super heroes, what it means to take on the responsibility of being a hero and most importantly, make the story about the conflicting ideologies of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.

A Civil War movie would be a terrible idea, there wouldn't be enough time to tell the story, have some decent action and have any character moments which would be essential to such a story. A TV series could do it though.

A Civil War movie would be a terrible idea, there wouldn't be enough time to tell the story, have some decent action and have any character moments which would be essential to such a story. A TV series could do it though.

We're into this new age where continuity between movies is the norm. If Marvel plays their cards right and writes it correctly they cold split it up into a bunch of movies as sequels like LOTR.