• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace's Big Old August Selling Thread!

85 posts in this topic

heya heya heya

Rules:

No pro-bites.

Paypal works as does money orders and gold and silver bars.

And... please buy my books... :( <--- *puppy dog eyes*

Shipping.

Max is Flat Priority rate of $10 USA or less if your exact shipping is less.

Canada same as above for 1st class up to 4 lbs (or about 15 books)

I'm going to eventually get around to listing some nicer grade raw late SA 12 cent Hulks and 12/15 cent FFs. But for tonight/this morning it's the loose ends.

First up is Media Mail USA only. SOLD

I live in an area were they are very strict about media and open every package (or claim to) and they do not allow comics. So I can't combine these with comics. :(

Origins of Marvel Comics (5.5/6.0)

and

Son of Origins of marvel Comics (4.5/5.0) nicer spine but more beat up around the top and right edge.

I believe they are both 1st editions but probably doesn't matter since they aren't high grade and not rare in mid grade.

OMC.jpg

SOOMC.jpg

Asking $20 shipped media mail USA for the pair (that's both)

*These are my O-O copies btw- Bought them in the late 70s and read them to death.

Star Spangled War Stories 116 FVF (7.0) nice copy

Star Spangled War Stories 133 F (6.0)

Couple of sweet Dinosaur covers!

Guide for the pair is about $75

Asking $30 $25 $20 for the pair

Somebody has got to love these covers! :cloud9:

SSWS116.jpg

SSWS133.jpg

Star Spangled War Stories 147 F (6.0)

Star Spangled War Stories 152 F (6.0) 2nd Unknown Solider

Asking: $20 $17 $15 for both.

SSWS147.jpg

SSWS152.jpg

Thor Annual 5 NM- (9.2) 1 ncb crease on the black stripe along the top, not the white mark above the "5" which is production but to the right of "Thor Annual"; if you're brave enough to press giant sizes it's a 9.4/9.6 in waiting :grin:

Asking: $15 SOLD

ThorAnn5.jpg

Avengers 99 F (6.0)

Asking $7 $6 $5

Really weird art in this issue. On every panel everyone's face looks like they are being tortured. Check the faces of Thor and Vision on the cover. Inside all the faces are like that.

:eyeroll:

Avg99.jpg

I noticed that Buscema would tend to do a lot of open-mouth grimace expressions on the bronze age Thor covers. Was it Buscema?

Barry Smith

I noticed that Buscema would tend to do a lot of open-mouth grimace expressions on the bronze age Thor covers. Was it Buscema?

Barry Smith

Every close up a huge frown with the mouth open (usually wide). Almost like they are about to take a bite out an apple. (or I could think of something more discussting lol )

129099.jpg.c9b346ce200ccdd8abfa475b7a56166b.jpg

Thor Annual 5 NM- (9.2) 1 ncb crease on the black stripe along the top, not the white mark above the "5" which is production but to the right of "Thor Annual"; if you're brave enough to press giant sizes it's a 9.4/9.6 in waiting :grin:

Asking: $15

ThorAnn5.jpg

:takeit:

Barry Smith

Every close up a huge frown with the mouth open (usually wide). Almost like they are about to take a bite out an apple. (or I could think of something more discussting lol )

lol

Not great... I actually noticed this on a recent Bronze issue I was reading done by Sal Buscema and it was awful - every mouth was open to a distorted, impossible degree. At least Smith's Scarlet Witch has kind of a come-hither vibe to her like that... hm

Asking: $15

ThorAnn5.jpg

:takeit:

Ty sir