• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USA Comics #7 CGC .5 classic Cap cover SOLD

6 posts in this topic

Well I didn't want to do it, but I'm putting up my USA Comics #7 up for sale. I bought it with every intention of getting it restored, and after talking with some of the professionals comic restorers on this forum, I felt it had a good prognosis. From my conversations with them, I believe the brittle pages can now be brought back to good level of suppleness with some washing, leafcasting and resizing. With a full restoration/conservation job, the page quality could possibly even go to cream to off-white or better if/when resubmitted to CGC.

The census shows only 16 copies total graded, 11 universal, 1 qualified, and 4 restored, so the relative rarity of this book can't be understated.

As usual, no HOS or probies, PayPal is the preferred payment method, and I'm only shipping within the U.S. or Canada at this time.

First :takeit: gets it, overriding any possible PM's in progress.

Price, shipped USPS Priority with insurance: $975

7087503719_5f0074fc5a_b.jpg

6941435430_81b76aa438_b.jpg

Well I didn't want to do it, but I'm putting up my USA Comics #7 up for sale. I bought it with every intention of getting it restored, and after talking with some of the professionals comic restorers on this forum, I felt it had a good prognosis. From my conversations with them, I believe the brittle pages can now be brought back to good level of suppleness with some washing, leafcasting and resizing. With a full restoration/conservation job, the page quality could possibly even go to cream to off-white or better if/when resubmitted to CGC.

The census shows only 16 copies total graded, 11 universal, 1 qualified, and 4 restored, so the relative rarity of this book can't be understated.

As usual, no HOS or probies, PayPal is the preferred payment method, and I'm only shipping within the U.S. or Canada at this time.

:takeit:

Fantastic cover although it looks like Cap is about 1/4 inch away from having his knee cap blown to smithereens by Bucky. :D