• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink ASM #! 9.4??

14 posts in this topic

check this out!!!

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bspider%2Dman%26ItemType%3DCB&id=582607

i'm confused; how does this comic get graded at 9.4?? the seller has given it a "qualified" 9.4?? take a look at that lower back cover!!!!

yeah, i know " if it wasn't for yadda-yadda, it would be near-mint". that cover has got to knock this down to somewhere below an 8.0 IMO.

how can ComicLink even list it as 9.4??? don't they stand behind the gradings at all??

somebody help me here.........if i'm totally out-to-lunch, let me know.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It brings you back to the old theory that EVERY book is a Qualified 9.4,..if you just overlook the flaws that bring it down to the actual grade,..I'm with you,..its a very nice 7.5/8.0...that back cover corner really brings it down along with some spine stresses and...is that a wee bit of foxing I see by The Thing?......still an awesome book,...I'm sure they will settle on a nice price that is nowhere near the asking price...

if i'm totally out-to-lunch, let me know....

Nope, the listing is out-to-lunch.

I never liked this qualified nonsense. By that logic you could call anything a "Qualified 9.4". You could take a book ripped in half and say "top half is dead MINT, and would be a 9.8 if the bottom half were still attached".

I bet he sent that in thinking it was going to get high grade and he got a surprise.

27_laughing.gif

Now he's trying to pass it off raw on some poor fool. flamed.gif

ASM # !

..TRYING TO GIVE MARVEL NEW IDEAS HUH?? 27_laughing.gif

OOPS - meant #1, of course.

OK, seems like folks generally agree with my surprise, so far.

but what about it being listed on a Major comic site that presumably stands behind the grading. a rookie looking for a great spidey book due to the hype could easily get sucked into this. how can Josh allow this to be considered a 9.4 (even if if it is "Qualified" by the Seller)??

i think this is simply a 7.0 to 7.5 book, period. that's a bad crease with multiple tears for cripes sake?!?!? the Pros at Comiclink should not allow this, IMO. 893frustrated.gif

FFB and Red, where are you???

i think this is simply a 7.0 to 7.5 book, period. that's a bad crease with multiple tears for cripes sake?!?!? the Pros at Comiclink should not allow this, IMO. 893frustrated.gif

Josh might not even know it's up there like that if he had given someone who he believes can grade the ability to put their own raw books on the site. Although I'm surprised someone would pass the test with grading like that.

Josh might not even know it's up there like that if he had given someone who he believes can grade the ability to put their own raw books on the site. Although I'm surprised someone would pass the test with grading like that.

interesting point - a "trusted" grader/seller who doesn't get checked using some "qualified" bullcrap grade..........but since they "guarantee" satisfaction, shouldn't they know what's up on the site?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We don't just grade the front cover gossip.gif

I agree. 8.0 tops

A fantastic looking 8.0.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's obvious the actual grade of this book is 7.5/8.0 or lower.

But in my personal opinion...If I was buying the book...I would pay more for this book than I would the "average" 8.0.

The eye appeal is incredible.

thumbsup2.gif

that's what i thought!!!

it just seems as though ComicLink should do a better job of policing this. they shouldn't let any seller abitrarily declare that the book is "qualified" due to common defects - that stinks......... mad.gif they're not E-bay, afterall....... devil.gif