• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 9.6 White Pages; AF 15 Added (sold): 5.0 Off White/White

44 posts in this topic

Put the price back to 15,000 if you want buddy. It's the biggest grail and constantly increasing in value. Don't let anybody try to sell you short, from the pic I can't see any chipping. Theres always a premium for an af15 without chipping. If I were you, I'd close the thread and make a new one without all the nonsense.

+1

I can't afford it but can appreciate a grail that will only appreciate in value over time. Move it back to your original asking price and don't let disrespectful thread krapping get you down.

Beautiful book! (thumbs u

+2

Considering a 7.0 with no chipping just went for $53,000 on CC even though gpa says its "should" be a $40k ish book and even a 7.5 "shouldn't" be a $53k book but the facts are the facts.

No chipping and damn good PQ and you can ask whatever the hell you want and probably get it. Put it on one of the major auctions sites and I'd bet cash THAT 5.0 is a 15k book (worship)

Actually the one on Comic Connect appeared to have two chips out on the right hand edge.

Eye appeal is everything on this book and making this remark was actually inaccurate Bill -- the AF 15 market is very volatile.

I would like to blame the alcohol for this but I cannot.

What nerve does someone have in saying that is not a x dollar book? I do not care how many posts you have, how many years you have been around the board.

Heck - if this was posted a month ago I would have taken it for $14k without thinking twice. I would have taken it at $15k and I can put my money where my mouth is.

I am the guy that offered $15k for the 5.0 on comic connect and the 5.0 on comiclink. This is the one with the date stamp on the A that I am talking about. It belongs to a boardie who wants no less than $16800 for it. I believe he may very well eventually get it too.

AF 15's without severe Marvel Chipping and page qualities above Cream-Off White are becoming short in supply. I spent a good long time trying to track one down.

It may not matter much because I am still technically the "new" guy. But shame on anyone for releasing their bodily fluids on someone else's 'for sale' ad.

I am sure that may have burned a bridge but if it did, then it probably isn't a bridge I would have wanted to use anyway.

Much as I wish they were, 5.0 AF 15s are not $15,000 books

So calling a seller out for adjusting forum sales prices as Ebay sales are taking place after people have started buying a book was a no-no. But calling someone out for posting a book at an above-market price because it is one of the key books of the Silver Age is acceptable? The Bizarro Code applies nicely in Shadroch World.

bizarro-world.jpg

Amazing Fantasy # 15 the Holy Grail of Marvel Silver: $14,000 Shadrock is right, this is not a $15,000 book.

You charge what you want for the most sought-after Silver Age Marvel. There are folks that would trade off their entire collection for this book.

:applause:

Put the price back to 15,000 if you want buddy. It's the biggest grail and constantly increasing in value. Don't let anybody try to sell you short, from the pic I can't see any chipping. Theres always a premium for an af15 without chipping. If I were you, I'd close the thread and make a new one without all the nonsense.

+1

I can't afford it but can appreciate a grail that will only appreciate in value over time. Move it back to your original asking price and don't let disrespectful thread krapping get you down.

Beautiful book! (thumbs u

+2 Well done with the sale.

The AF 15 has sold. Thanks for all the PMS and posts.

I sent a PM with questions last night and never got a reply only to find out that the book sold a day later.

(shrug)