• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never been to a Con....where to start?

31 posts in this topic

Never been to a true comic-con before....I know....strange isnt it?

Trying to figure out where to break my cherry at.

Should i try maybe WW Austin later this year, or save and go all out at SDCC next year?

Opinions needed from the hive mind.

Should i try maybe WW Austin later this year, or save and go all out at SDCC next year?

I would start with WW Austin if it is close to you. That way you get a feel for and the scope of what a large show looks like.

It also allows you to become acclimated to the con experience. The size, scope, and energy.

Going to WW Austin (as it sounds like you are near Austin) would also allow you to control costs as far as hotel, meals, time spent, etc.

Going to SD would be an enormous financial undertaking. Flight, hotels, food, admission, etc.

Just my opinon and it with $2 will get you a cup of coffee

I'd start smaller than San Diego.

Find a semi-close show that is featuring guests/genres that appeal to you, and wade in! Give yourself enough time to see everything that interests you. A convention is also a great place to try different stuff, too.

I went to my first con solo, and did NOT regret it, but there's a lot to be said for company, especially if it's a long drive.

And, oh yes, bring money. It's amazing how much more fun these things can be with money.

Rule number one: Dress up as female supehero

Rule number two: Act flamboyant

Rule number three: Carry a pink purse....

Now, as far as your first con..I have no clue what you should do ???

Rule number four: Improvise...its about fun...The show the show..the dress up..well, that's fun too, sort of....mmm...not really...but the shows are fun

Unfortunately i am near atlanta and from what i can tell there are NO good shows that come here.

Please inform me if i am wrong about this, but i havent seen any sign of a good one yet.

.......I would highly ( or soberly) reccommend the Baltimore Comic Con. One of the last large and PURE comics shows. The Inner Harbor is easy to navigate, Hotels are reasonable, parking is not too bad, and the Geppi Museum is nearby. The Baltimore Aquarium is the icing on the cake if you have the time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:roflmao:

I suggest you go to WW Austin first.

Mainly to give you an idea on how a Comic-Con looks & feels like.

If you like WW Austin,then decide if you want to save up and go to SDCC.

Unfortunately i am near atlanta and from what i can tell there are NO good shows that come here.

Please inform me if i am wrong about this, but i havent seen any sign of a good one yet.

Atlanta Comic Con is a nice one day show and although Dragon-con is not comic based it is still a good show.