• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does alien#1 cgc 9.8 ever come up for sale?

116 posts in this topic

It is crazy-tough to track down, which is why collectors pay that amount. I'd say Aliens Vol. 1 #2 is probably the toughest of the bunch, followed by Aliens Vol. 1 #1.

Some say #5 and #6 are also tough. But the first two are the challenge.

I've been looking for issue #5 in cgc 9.6 or better for quite some time. :frustrated:

It is crazy-tough to track down, which is why collectors pay that amount. I'd say Aliens Vol. 1 #2 is probably the toughest of the bunch, followed by Aliens Vol. 1 #1.

I've been looking for issue #5 in cgc 9.6 or better for quite some time. :frustrated:

I've got a bunch of Aliens somewhere - I didn't even know people collected them . . . :insane:

Much like GPA, eBay completed sales often take a full 24-48 hours to show up.

One way to get around this and access the information sooner is to put the book on your "Watch" list.

I tried that last night - even as a completed sales Advanced Search. They didn't come up.

Aliens vol 1 was crazy expensive when I was collecting, which is why I dont have any copies. I know where to find them now, but I wouldnt be able to get them above 9.0 I dont think

I've always wanted a copy of that book. Actually the first two mini's period. When I was younger, as another boardie pointed out, those were always way too expensive for me. When I do see those V.1 #1's at LCS's, they want jacked up retail on 7.0 copies. No thanks.

Gah, I was scraping some funds together to grab that SS #1/DHP set, and was crestfallen to see that the auction had ended. I've been looking for any of the first DH Aliens series in 9.8 forever, and am always a day late and a dollar short. I don't even like yellow labels, but was willing to let it go just to have that book in 9.8. Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

I sold my Mark Nelson interior signed high grade #1 about 4 years ago...but this thread got me curious, so I went digging. I think my raw #5 would get a 9.8. I might submit it just for giggles.

I will look for #6 next.

I just found #'s 4 and 6. I remember selling #'s 2 and 3 when I sold #1.

My #4 looks like a 9.4 due to a bindery issue and minute wear to the upper right front corner....but the # 6 is an all day 9.8. It is sharp. Maybe I should work on a set again. :)

I put up a WTB thread a few months back looking for one. Nobody responded. (shrug)

I put up a wtb last year for copies in 9.4 or better, I also didn't get any responses.

I will look for them for you on my hunts.

Any fan of Conan deserves consideration and there aren't that many of us judging by all the Conans I see in the discount boxes around my town.

I posted this in another thread: Conan 348 for $355 in December, 271-275 really heating up lately also.

I put up a WTB thread a few months back looking for one. Nobody responded. (shrug)

That's not completely accurate.

xn1xEX8l.jpg

:baiting:

I'd have to look it up, but I think the PM came after I posted that I hadn't had any responses.

That's not completely accurate.

:baiting:

I'd have to look it up, but I think the PM came after I posted that I hadn't had any responses.

Nice cover on Aliens #1. Should I also be looking for Aliens vs. Predator 1 and 2?

Are these still in demand?