• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn shills!

32 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm not a shill spotting expert like some of you guys but am I crazy or is this definitely shilly McShillers?!?

I wanted this book in the HA auction but thought it went too high. I was SHOCKED to see it in a no reserve eBay auction 2 weeks later and was planning on winning it. Until today it was sitting ridiculously low. Now, two low feedback bidders have bid it up to $1300. Not surprisingly, both of these bidders have 100% bids with this same seller meh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140824172569#ht_500wt_922

Anyone know who this seller is?

Wow, looking at the completed auctions and you will see where these same 2 accounts are being used to jack up a ton of auctions.

I sure in the hell hope you walk away from this auction completely while you also report the auction. I am reporting it also.

Wow, looking at the completed auctions and you will see where these same 2 accounts are being used to jack up a ton of auctions.

I sure in the hell hope you walk away from this auction completely while you also report the auction. I am reporting it also.

I did report it not that it will do anything. Obviously I'm not bidding now. I thought the $1135 in the HAauction was a tad high so obviously $1300 ain't happening. Last night it was sitting at like $100 but I had a feeling something was up. The book just sold on the biggest site in the most publicized auction ever. Why the hell would you put it in a no reserve eBay auction a week later?

It made no sense to me but was hoping to snag it cheap until the shill storm hit.

Before he listed it on ebay, he had it listed on CL ( where I believe it still is ). As he got no hits, ebay it is... after all, shilling is so much easier there.

I've messaged this guy in the past but he seems to like to protect his initial investments. :makepoint:

The book will probably resurface on a consignment site in the next few weeks. But I think there are far better books to buy with that money.

Agreed!

I thought $1135 was too high, $1300 is WAAAAY too high. It was at $110 or so last night so I had dreams of $750ish which is about what I was hoping for in the HA auction. Probably still wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have broke the bank since I have a 9.6 Suscha News but still annoying to see such an obvious shill attempt.

I'm VERY interested to see if a legitimate bidder tops the $1299 although that seems highly unlikely since HA couldn't even touch that.

I'm surprised people don't know this seller. I see a BUNCH of names I recognize in his feedback hm

Looks like aelelarkin just bought something last week from him In a auction that was HIGHLY shilled? :o

Before he listed it on ebay, he had it listed on CL ( where I believe it still is ). As he got no hits, ebay it is... after all, shilling is so much easier there.

I've messaged this guy in the past but he seems to like to protect his initial investments. :makepoint:

Yep, still sitting on CL with a $1500 asking price.

Someone explain the reasoning on this to me??? You buy a book for $1150 with shipping from HA in one of the biggest, most talked about comic auctions ever. You then immediately put it on CL for $1500. Let's ignore the fact that the CL marketplace doesn't get near the pub the Schmell HA auction did. Even if it somehow does sell for the full asking price, after their fees, it will net $1350.

I guess I do business a different way cus that seems like a VERY bad investment of $1150 to MAYBE someday make almost $200 profit ???