• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Last year around this time I bought WD1 CGC 9.8 for $625 as soon as Feb roll around and the season was about to re start I ebayed it for $1100. So it been a year now and these 9.8s are 1500-1750. If the past is an indicator, look for a market stir this coming Feb $2000+

Walking Dead 1 bubble bursting will probably just mean instead of selling for $1600-2000 in CGC 9.8 it will sell for $500-800 once the show and movie is over.

#2 probably around $350-400 in CGC 9.8

#19 probably around $200-250 in CGC 9.8

#27 probably around $100-125 in CGC 9.8--character not looking like the comic book version killed this book IMO

#92---yet to be determined

#3-9 probably 50% less than what they are selling for right now in 9.8

All the rest you get the picture.

I believe Kirk-man will either kill Rick or Carl off before or during issue #200.

This is very grim but I would end the comic with Rick committing suicide (gun shot in the head) as he is surrounded by zombies where he can not escape. At that point of the story-line Rick has lost everyone & I mean everyone.

I know that is horrible, but for me it makes sense.

Sorry to be such a downer. :fear:

he might not know which coast to live on but i think he's got this right.

I believe Kirk-man will either kill Rick or Carl off before or during issue #200.

This is very grim but I would end the comic with Rick committing suicide (gun shot in the head) as he is surrounded by zombies where he can not escape. At that point of the story-line Rick has lost everyone & I mean everyone.

Well, the problem is there's always someone else filling the gaps/holes. I see Rick going down in flames in a fight, not with a wimper. No way is the comic making it to #200.

Walking Dead 1 bubble bursting will probably just mean instead of selling for $1600-2000 in CGC 9.8 it will sell for $500-800 once the show and movie is over.

#2 probably around $350-400 in CGC 9.8

#19 probably around $200-250 in CGC 9.8

#27 probably around $100-125 in CGC 9.8--character not looking like the comic book version killed this book IMO

#92---yet to be determined

#3-9 probably 50% less than what they are selling for right now in 9.8

All the rest you get the picture.

he might not know which coast to live on but i think he's got this right.

I do tend to prefer NorCal over Socal.... hm

Well, the problem is there's always someone else filling the gaps/holes. I see Rick going down in flames in a fight, not with a wimper. No way is the comic making it to #200.

Well you had better speak to Kirkman as he has been saying for at least a year that he intends it to be a 300 issue series. (shrug)

which makes its another 16 years of Walking Dead comics

:cloud9:

Well you had better speak to Kirkman as he has been saying for at least a year that he intends it to be a 300 issue series. (shrug)

It's his decision to milk the cow.

It's his decision to milk the cow.

I like Kirkman's milk.

Last year around this time I bought WD1 CGC 9.8 for $625 as soon as Feb roll around and the season was about to re start I ebayed it for $1100. So it been a year now and these 9.8s are 1500-1750. If the past is an indicator, look for a market stir this coming Feb $2000+

:banana:

I don't want to bump an old thread (but I am going too), but these WD1 9.8s consistently seem to bring right around 2k, and in some cases more. One on eBay recently sold for a BIN of $2749

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-First-1st-Appearance-of-Rick-Grimes-/190809118418?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6d1c16d2

I don't want to bump an old thread (but I am going too), but these WD1 9.8s consistently seem to bring right around 2k, and in some cases more. One on eBay recently sold for a BIN of $2749

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-First-1st-Appearance-of-Rick-Grimes-/190809118418?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6d1c16d2

That is crazy,much rather have a Silver Age key. :P

It is good to bump to threads, I creates continuity.

Issue one seems to be holding ground. What about the non keys?

How do you see who popped the BIN?

I just sold 2 #19's on EBay for $599 each no problems a couple of weeks ago. I kept the third for myself. I have one #27 and don't see it really appreciating more than it has. #19 is all about the cover. #27 was about the TV series (that's when I noticed it bumped).

I wouldn't part with my #1 in Black Mature for less than $3000 just because I like it and there are probably less than 200 of them out there. Why it's so much? I have no idea. I don't think #1 will dump because it's a #1. Maybe finally settle around $1200-$1500. #2 is more rare and has been climbing as people want to collect the entire series.

When the TV series is cancelled, expect to see them dumped hard on the market and oversold. That's when I would start scooping them up and wait for the recovery. The variants are starting to annoy people too and I've seen more than one person walk away from WD because of it. I think we're at the peak of WD value within 20% up or down. There is no real reason for it to continue to rise, but more reasons for it to drop.

How do you see who popped the BIN?

I don't think it shows you....

As for the other keys, and I am just grabbing the first few I see....

#19 - 9.8 $615

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-19-First-Printing-CGC-9-8-NM-M-First-Appearance-of-Michonne-/350755976786?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51aaaf7652

#19 - 9.8 $486

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-19-First-Print-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-Low-Reserve-/281083210767?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4171dd6c0f

#27 - 9.8 $343

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-27-CGC-9-8-Mint-1ST-PRINT-KIRKMAN-IMAGE-NO-RESERVE-/330900707090?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d0b381712

#27 - 9.8 $325

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-27-First-Printing-CGC-9-8-NM-M-First-Governor-/221208531861?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item33810e5395

A year ago

Walking Dead #19 CGC 9.8s averaged $800,while Walking Dead #27 9.8 CGSs averaged $500.

The keeper is Walking Dead #1. It is a low print run,and ushered in a new age of modern comics.

Walking Dead CGC 9.8 #1 is worth more than an oz of gold now if you think about it. hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur