• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I think its almost obvious to go through this thread and by mere contexts of post, determine who has a copy of #1 and who missed the boat

hm

I'm off to the modern boards or better yet the modern sales threads to try this theory....

scannersavatar.gif

The crow mostly sucked. The first movie was interesting but pretty much no one watched more than just the first movie. Tv show? Who watched it? 4 or 5 movies? I remember 2. And the second one bombed. Cartoon? Now I think you're just making mess up.

Three successful seasons on tv, 109 issues so far and a kick video game. Walking dead is no Crow. And you don't have to be an early 90s goth girl to figure that out.

First of all this is all I could picture reading the above:

189pg.jpg

Second of all: "Kick Game"???

This one? Walking Dead Survival Instinct 4.0 out of 10.

Or maybe, this one? 3.0 out of 10

When it's not broken, it's inconsistent, and when it's not inconsistent, it's dull. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is a shoddy squandering of one of entertainment's hottest licenses.

Perhaps you meant this one? 4.0 out of 10

Oh., hold up....those are all the same game.

I'm sorry, I interrupted you, you were saying something about making stuff up as you went along.

Carry on. (thumbs u

You know the Walking Dead game won game of the year in 2012, right?

That was a collection of Web Games where you picked a direction and watched cut scenes. :sick:

The first real game they came out with fell on its face harder than a 90's goth girl running down the street who's eyes got stuck shut from too much mascara.

I think its almost obvious to go through this thread and by mere contexts of post, determine who has a copy of #1 and who missed the boat

I picked up a 9.6 copy of #1 for $160. I felt like I over paid when I bought it. I also have a Moore page and two Adlard pages, all with zombies. Got the Moore for $600 and the Adlard pages for $180 each.

I think we are either at, or very close to the top of the market and I plan on selling everything at an obscene profit in the very near future. My point is that we (those of of us that got in early) don't all see it the same way.

This thread is filled with generalizations and they are all wrong.

The crow mostly sucked. The first movie was interesting but pretty much no one watched more than just the first movie. Tv show? Who watched it? 4 or 5 movies? I remember 2. And the second one bombed. Cartoon? Now I think you're just making mess up.

Three successful seasons on tv, 109 issues so far and a kick video game. Walking dead is no Crow. And you don't have to be an early 90s goth girl to figure that out.

189pg.jpg

When it's not broken, it's inconsistent, and when it's not inconsistent, it's dull. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is a shoddy squandering of one of entertainment's hottest licenses.

I'm sorry, I interrupted you, you were saying something about making stuff up as you went along.

Carry on. (thumbs u

That was a collection of Web Games where you picked a direction and watched cut scenes. :sick:

But I guess I'll ignore that game like you ignored a multi-platinum sound track, #1 movie at the box office, and millions upon millions in DVD and licensed merchandised sales throughout the last 25 years to have it fit into the easy definition of "sucked". (thumbs u

The first real game they came out with fell on its face harder than a 90's goth girl running down the street who's eyes got stuck shut from too much mascara.

Ummm...I think you mixed me up with someone else. I merely was informing you that it won game of the year. I never played the game- although I'm intrigued. Games like that are hard to play since I've got kids in the house though. It is why I never finished Dead Space 2.

I simply don't remember Crow ever becoming a hit comic, even at the peak of its period, certainly not commanding 1000s of dollars for any of its titles.. It definitely had a niche, mostly Goth followers and it had decent numbers at the post office but it ranked at 24 for all films released in the US in 1994 according to wiki..

Having a weekly show with over 12 mil viewers topping the voice/idol ratings is really no comparison.. I am collecting comics from early 70s and Ill tell you that on my to get list in the 80s were definitely TMNT, Cerebus and even Faust before it came to Crow.. Before or after the movie..

The fact that it turned to a movie doesnt necessarily mean its the same.

Can you tell which one I am? Can you tell how many copies I have owned and still own?

There's a difference between educated enthusiasm and blind hope.

Walking Dead is a great property, wonderful series, and is incredibly hot RIGHT NOW.

Whether or not someone has a #1 copy shouldn't make them any more or less likely to speak the truth. If it makes them less likely to speak the truth then you've got to wonder about someone who puts personal profit above integrity.

Nothing stays hot forever. That's all I am saying and some folks are looking at me like I have three heads. People are hurt far worse from a lack of caution as opposed to an abundance of it.

189pg.jpg

Carry on. (thumbs u

But I guess I'll ignore that game like you ignored a multi-platinum sound track, #1 movie at the box office, and millions upon millions in DVD and licensed merchandised sales throughout the last 25 years to have it fit into the easy definition of "sucked". (thumbs u

Ummm...I think you mixed me up with someone else. I merely was informing you that it won game of the year. I never played the game- although I'm intrigued. Games like that are hard to play since I've got kids in the house though. It is why I never finished Dead Space 2.

lol

I saw you respond to my response and thought it was the same conversation.

You don't want to play either of the Walking Dead games. One really isn't a game, and the other is a game that really sucks. lol

189pg.jpg

Carry on. (thumbs u

lol

I saw you respond to my response and thought it was the same conversation.

You don't want to play either of the Walking Dead games. One really isn't a game, and the other is a game that really sucks. lol

Yea that is why I have not rushed out to buy the game. I heard it was pretty much a bunch of touching cut scenes.