• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Whether or not someone has a #1 copy shouldn't make them any more or less likely to speak the truth. If it makes them less likely to speak the truth then you've got to wonder about someone who puts personal profit above integrity.

:applause:

+1,000,000

I think its almost obvious to go through this thread and by mere contexts of post, determine who has a copy of #1 and who missed the boat

My WD #1 CGC 9.6 cost me less than $50 (because I got it double signed and slabbed).

I'm making points for it's unique popularity, but I'm not betting on it being the same or more valuable in ten years.

So I disagree with your statement.

Some of us are here to have a friendly discussion using facts.

Whether or not someone has a #1 copy shouldn't make them any more or less likely to speak the truth. If it makes them less likely to speak the truth then you've got to wonder about someone who puts personal profit above integrity.

Oh oh oh oh oh I know the answer!

Ding!

Who are modern comic book collectors?

I simply don't remember Crow ever becoming a hit comic, even at the peak of its period, certainly not commanding 1000s of dollars for any of its titles.. It definitely had a niche, mostly Goth followers and it had decent numbers at the post office but it ranked at 24 for all films released in the US in 1994 according to wiki..

Having a weekly show with over 12 mil viewers topping the voice/idol ratings is really no comparison.. I am collecting comics from early 70s and Ill tell you that on my to get list in the 80s were definitely TMNT, Cerebus and even Faust before it came to Crow.. Before or after the movie..

The fact that it turned to a movie doesnt necessarily mean its the same.

The Goth insufficiently_thoughtful_persons were the most visible but there weren't the only fans, much like cosplayers aren't the only comic fans.

The Crow was first released in 1989 so perhaps it was outside your time frame given that Cerebus and TMNT started many years earlier..over a decade earlier in Cerebus' case. They aren't really comps.

Once again, when the Crow had it's run of popularity there was no internet and there was no CGC thus there was no ratcheting factor to turn low print run, small amount of high grade copies, and popularity into outsized comic sales. It takes CGC to turn recent books from $100 to $1000, but I think you know that.

And I didn't say that because there was a movie they are the same, there were about a dozen reasons to demonstrate that regardless of current popularity and current sales prices no one has any guarantee that it will continue to increase forever and ever with no chance of fading.

The point was there have been dozens and dozens of comic properties that have had successful series and gained mainstream popularity and the faster those books spiked the faster they came back down to earth. The ones that have grown slowly and steadily over time and cemented their place amongst several age groups are the ones that linger and retain value. That doesn't happen to every show or movie (which was the point).

The next book that maintains white hot popularity forever and ever with their books being constantly in demand for more and more money without ever fading at some point, will be the first book that does so. Which was my point.

Point out the differences between my example and Walking Dead from now until the end of time and it won't change that fact.

I think you are trying a little hard with your Memes...
Nah, it's like having RMA back talking again but he's got a word limit.

Best of both worlds. :luhv:

(thumbs u

:popcorn:

I should have at least gotten one of each for that. :sumo:

ie - (thumbs u (thumbs u

See this isn't really funny...

18a4w.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

You know if you do to many memes they just won't be funny anymore?...

18abj.jpg

Holy Carp!!! You're RIGHT!!

Oh oh oh oh oh I know the answer!

Ding!

Who are modern comic book collectors?

18ag3.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

The crow mostly sucked. The first movie was interesting but pretty much no one watched more than just the first movie. Tv show? Who watched it? 4 or 5 movies? I remember 2. And the second one bombed. Cartoon? Now I think you're just making mess up.

Three successful seasons on tv, 109 issues so far and a kick video game. Walking dead is no Crow. And you don't have to be an early 90s goth girl to figure that out.

First of all this is all I could picture reading the above:

189pg.jpg

Second of all: "Kick Game"???

This one? Walking Dead Survival Instinct 4.0 out of 10.

Or maybe, this one? 3.0 out of 10

When it's not broken, it's inconsistent, and when it's not inconsistent, it's dull. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is a shoddy squandering of one of entertainment's hottest licenses.

Perhaps you meant this one? 4.0 out of 10

Oh., hold up....those are all the same game.

I'm sorry, I interrupted you, you were saying something about making stuff up as you went along.

Carry on. (thumbs u

The Telltale series was extremely well received. SEE!

I played it and enjoyed it very much. You should try it out. Each of the 5 chapters plays out as an episode. Lots of forks in the road with consequences and varied outcomes. You went through a lot of work looking up reviews just to smear the wrong game in my face. Nice try though. Carry on. (thumbs u

How to argue with no logic, no facts and no basis other than your own opinion. Well played, sir, well played.

And seeing as we're talking about popularity playing a role in the value of the book i think opinion has its place in this discussion. It's a fact though that a majority of people didn't know or care that there was a third crow movie. Now go ask your friends weather or not Walking Dead is coming back next season, hell, go ask a perfect stranger.