• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Cant remember where but somewhere else in this board someone mentioned the big B&W indie bubble in late 80s.. The more I think about it, the more I draw a connection.. WD is the TMNT of the 21st century.

Batman fan, I ALWAYS buy and sell, I rarely ever sit on a book anymore, so Im just waiting for the right offer for my WD collection and BAM Im out joining the rest of the haters here on its demise

I don't think that is the reason this thread exists.

It exists because the comic had a meteoric spike in value and it's a viable question to ask when or if the bubble will burst.

Resentment isn't in the equation as far as I can see. I'm a WD #1 owner also.

I see no harm in asking the question.

The bubble is never going to burst. WD#1 in 9.8 will overtake AF15 in 10 years..Action 1 in 20.

The TV series will stay on for 45 years and there will be several spin-offs..like the Walking Dead Simpsons...Walking Dead Hawaii Five-O..etc..

To retaliate, what about DC's "Faster Friends?" Another comic shown on LOST. I was selling sets of those two for $25-$35 at the height of the show. Where are they now?

Just for comparison.

;)

-slym

Excellent point. I offer this as a response. Mystery Tales 40 seems to share more of the show's premise than Faster Friends. Mystery Tales features the Hidden Land and the guy is on an airplane. The Spanish version of Faster Friends was just a book that Hurley read. Mystery Tales had more of a mystique about it once Richard presented it to John Locke as a child hinting that the comic book itself had a connection to John's role on the island.

Yes, I want my Mystery Tales 40.

There are 2 on the census....two.

Cant remember where but somewhere else in this board someone mentioned the big B&W indie bubble in late 80s.. The more I think about it, the more I draw a connection.. WD is the TMNT of the 21st century.

How do the census numbers compare between those two titles?

Actually I am...

then Cort must be Warren Buffett

I am thinking it's in an area of finance that is the polar opposite from comics.

Just a guess.

Actually I am...

I am thinking it's in an area of finance that is the polar opposite from comics.

Just a guess.

I don't like to brag, but I once found over $50 in change in an old dryer of my mom's that broke down and I tried to fix.

Actually I am...

Just a guess.

I don't like to brag, but I once found over $50 in change in an old dryer of my mom's that broke down and I tried to fix.

The "mom's dryer random change" market will never burst!! :ohnoez:

To retaliate, what about DC's "Faster Friends?" Another comic shown on LOST. I was selling sets of those two for $25-$35 at the height of the show. Where are they now?

Just for comparison.

;)

-slym

Excellent point. I offer this as a response. Mystery Tales 40 seems to share more of the show's premise than Faster Friends. Mystery Tales features the Hidden Land and the guy is on an airplane. The Spanish version of Faster Friends was just a book that Hurley read. Mystery Tales had more of a mystique about it once Richard presented it to John Locke as a child hinting that the comic book itself had a connection to John's role on the island.

Yes, I want my Mystery Tales 40.

There are 2 on the census....two.

Once I nail down a copy there will be three.

I love this series but I've had to collect the TPB's because I missed the boat on affording the floppies.

I'm stoked to grab one of .Troy's convention exclusive variant #1's at the awesome price he listed them for on the boards, so that I have at least a copy of a #1 in the collection!

But, like mint says, I'm going to have to be patient and wait years for the first print #1... because frankly, as much as I love the series, I'm not paying $1000's for a #1 first print - as per the current market.

However, I say this knowing full well that I might potentially be cocking up here. But I just don't think that it will hold its peak value long-term. Not like the GA keys.

I could be wrong and it would be a GREAT thing for our hobby if I was. But, I don't think I will be too far wrong. It'll always hold some value, but I think it'll drop a bit from its peak.

Gentlemen...

I do not have a horse in this race. I enjoy the TV show immensely yet I have not picked up a single copy of the comic.

So here we go...

Remember Mystery Tales #40, the comic that appeared on LOST? Everyone said that it would eventually cool down and copies would be available after the show ended.

I am still waiting and would like my copy.

While I realize that WD is in far more abundance, I believe that there will always be a strong demand for this book. The demand coupled with the mystique will hold most of the value even after the dust settles.

It's interesting to hear someone use the word 'mystique' in association with WD#1. I think it's an excellent word to describe it. There is something about WD#1 that draws people to it. It's hard to describe, but I remember feeling it before I got my copy.

Still waiting for Mystery Tales #40 to die down, too. :taptaptap:

Wow, I have never been grouped in with "haters" before...

:(

And I agree, at some point I will get the TPBs and read all of these. I read the first one (issues 1-6) and had I not been so late to the game, I might be collecting this title now.

And I gave up collecting years ago, being an Uncanny X-Men fan, right at #471.

-slym